Hello again,

So I've just finished putting together my pedalboard after a year of saving, buying and stressing out and now I need a power supply to power all my pedals. I need something relatively cheap, but I don't want to have to deal with overpowering hum and hiss from the supply. I'm a little short on cash at the moment after stupidly spending all my money on pedals and none on a decent power source

So can anyone recommend me a decent power supply? I can't spend anything over £50 unfortunately. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Below is a photo of my pedalboard.

DSCF1990 by CHARLIESLYSTER, on Flickr
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

thomann does an isolated one (looks to be a copy of a t-rex fuel tank junior, but of course it might not be)- one of mine was faulty, but they're sending me a replacement. Might be worth considering if hum is a problem.

musicstore cologne/fame does what looks to be a copy of the voodoo labs one, but i haven't tried it.

there's always the johnny shredfreak one if it doesn't need to be isolated.

Just out of interest, does your amp have an FX loop? I got the TR analog delay recently, and it seems to really hate being in a loop (massive volume drop) Works fine into the front of an amp, though, and was just wondering if you've tried yours in a loop and noticed the same problems.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Dave_Mc
thomann does an isolated one (looks to be a copy of a t-rex fuel tank junior, but of course it might not be)- one of mine was faulty, but they're sending me a replacement. Might be worth considering if hum is a problem.

musicstore cologne/fame does what looks to be a copy of the voodoo labs one, but i haven't tried it.

there's always the johnny shredfreak one if it doesn't need to be isolated.

Just out of interest, does your amp have an FX loop? I got the TR analog delay recently, and it seems to really hate being in a loop (massive volume drop) Works fine into the front of an amp, though, and was just wondering if you've tried yours in a loop and noticed the same problems.

Thanks for the info! I'll take a look and see what Thomann has in stock.

As for the Tonerider, my amp doesn't have an FX loop so I've not tried yet! I'll test it out on a mates amp next week sometime and let you know what happens. How's the pedal for you?
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Does anybody know if this would be suitable for powering all my pedals?

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/visual-sound-1-spot-combo-pack--49271

It's max output is 1700ma, would this be enough for my current board?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by CharlieSlyster

It'll be enough. Most pedals use about 20-50mA.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It'll be enough. Most pedals use about 20-50mA.

Thanks dude! I thought I was being a tad silly
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

I use a 1 spot to power one of my boards and have played with as many as 18 pedals at once just to see if there was a power drop. It handled all 18 fine. Of course with that many it sounded like crap, but my meter said there was no excessive power drop (voltage drop). Only drawback to the 1 Spot that I know of is that the pedals are not isolated from each other so a bad ground on any given pedal results in real bad noise added. As long as all the pedals are working good, all will be fine.
Quote by CharlieSlyster

I got one close to it and I'm powering 12 pedals noiselessly...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Thanks for the info! I'll take a look and see what Thomann has in stock.

As for the Tonerider, my amp doesn't have an FX loop so I've not tried yet! I'll test it out on a mates amp next week sometime and let you know what happens. How's the pedal for you?

Nice, I mean I have other amps without loops and it works fine. Just a pain that it doesn't work well in the loop.

Just bear in mind regarding thomann, their normal power supply isn't isolated, only the junior is isolated.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm?sid=7c0874ccbe644792e247cab643171e14

that's the one.

As i said, my first one was faulty (for a while i thought they were complete crap ), but they're sending me another one for free (and i don't even have to send the first back, which is nice).

The other one I have is fine, though (i bought two).

EDIT: yeah the one spot should be fine too, just bear in mind it's not isolated.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Nice, I mean I have other amps without loops and it works fine. Just a pain that it doesn't work well in the loop.

Just bear in mind regarding thomann, their normal power supply isn't isolated, only the junior is isolated.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm?sid=7c0874ccbe644792e247cab643171e14

that's the one.

As i said, my first one was faulty (for a while i thought they were complete crap ), but they're sending me another one for free (and i don't even have to send the first back, which is nice).

The other one I have is fine, though (i bought two).

EDIT: yeah the one spot should be fine too, just bear in mind it's not isolated.

Sweet man! I went ahead and bought the 1spot, seeing as my local music store had one in stock and I just couldn't resist the temptation! When I finally decide to buy an isolate power supply, I'll go for the Harley Benton! Sounds pretty decent for the money.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

no worries

i mean odds are you'll be fine without isolated, you only need isolated if you're getting ground loop hum and the like.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Sweet man! I went ahead and bought the 1spot, seeing as my local music store had one in stock and I just couldn't resist the temptation! When I finally decide to buy an isolate power supply, I'll go for the Harley Benton! Sounds pretty decent for the money.

I think you'll be just fine, I use 1spot and it works great for me .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans