So I bought a Macbook pro, which is a used early 2008 model but still working great OSX LIon.
I tried to plug my electric guitar directly into the microphone jack but I am dissapointed in the quality of the sound that I've obtained; I am not expecting studio quality but it is not good at all!!!!
Am i missing something here? should I change something in the settings maybe? anyone here is familiar with recording on garage band? any help would be really appreciated
thanks for your time
its alwase gunna be bad quality doing it that way, the best thing to do is get a firewire or USB audio interface
Quote by jackjb94
its alwase gunna be bad quality doing it that way, the best thing to do is get a firewire or USB audio interface

This.

Get an audio interface.

Now.

No seriously, stop reading and get one now
I thought that was a useful link XD I did google it but I want to know what some of you are using and your recommendations? I am on a very low budget and I only seem to find 500$ and above!
my budget is a 100 $ max; dont need to sound really professional just a little decent, so any recommendation?
I'm pretty sure M-Audio makes some little 2-input audio interfaces...my high school had a bunch of em and I'm pretty sure they were under $100...not good quality AT ALL though.
This is one I found on sweetwater's website...slightly over 100 but it is m-audio which is alright:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FastTrkUSB2/
start there, but I'd go hunting for other interfaces
Quote by Metalloy
I thought that was a useful link XD I did google it but I want to know what some of you are using and your recommendations? I am on a very low budget and I only seem to find 500$ and above!
my budget is a 100 $ max; dont need to sound really professional just a little decent, so any recommendation?

I'm using Pro Tools, which is why I don't have a more specific suggestion Just shop around until you find what you need
Quote by Metalloy

Basically any USB interface by M-Audio, Lexicon, Presonus or Avid is going to give you a much better recording than using the input on your Mac. Check out Sweetwater.com or even GuitarCenter.com. Most of the most popular interfaces are all listed there.

Hope that helps, if not let just let me know and I'll try to be more specific