Hey guys i was wondering if u can bias the Mesa Boogie F50 to el34. It is originally with 6l6s but someone was saying to me that Mesa designed it so you can't. Also how do you think it would sound with EL34s over the 6l6s im going for more of a vintage sound hence why i wanna change. And PS i dont have the amp yet. Thanks.
Quote by 95thFallout
Hey guys i was wondering if u can bias the Mesa Boogie F50 to el34. It is originally with 6l6s but someone was saying to me that Mesa designed it so you can't. Also how do you think it would sound with EL34s over the 6l6s im going for more of a vintage sound hence why i wanna change. And PS i dont have the amp yet. Thanks.

There's quite a number of vintage amps with 6L6es, particularly Fenders... But even with 6L6es you don't necessarily get a 'vintage' sound, neither is that the case with EL34s.

You do a lot more with the knobs on the front of the amp than with a tube change a lot of the time.

Get the amp first, decide if you like it, and tweak from there. If you don't like it then you might as well sell it off and try again.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm pretty sure what you want to do is impossible.
For one thing, mesa's are fixed bias. For another, they aren't designed to take EL34s.
RIP Gooze

cats