I wrote a song with midi drums in Logic using Logic's drum kits. Now I want to use Battery 3 instead but when I load it in the midi notes aren't playing correctly because Battery uses a different drum map. Is there a way to make it use Logic's map instead? I'm only 3 months in with midi and it's still really confusing. I just assumed there would be a standard drum map for everything
Drums are pretty standard, but sometimes Battery can swap a few sounds (especially if there are 4 or 5 different snares for the kit). Also if you are using a set that didn't come with batter people who set it up don't really thing things threw.

Take the Kick note and stick it on C3 for Battery 3 piano roll. And your drums should line up perfect. If not find the off sounds and move them sharp or flat a note and you should find what your looking for.

Battery 3 is a very powerful sampler, I suggest learning it if you can.
Last edited by FireHawk at Oct 28, 2011,
Oh I'm loving the sounds of it do far. It was just kind of annoying that Logic's map and Battery didn't line up. All of a sudden my kick drum turned into hand claps and whistles lol! At the moment I found out how to use the "learn" button on Battery to change the note to match with Logic so I don't have to move the midi I've already written. Is there a way to make a custom drum map that can be loaded into every midi program? Seems like that would make life much easier