So the main issue people have had with thees lists is how people who never post in the forum get a vote. For this years i would like to suggest a few new things, one is that all voters are required to have 50 posts in the Metal Forum outside of "sacrofricosis" and "what are you listening to ?" in the last six months, or 100 posts in total. Obvious regs who post hear every day will not be asked to prove so, but lesser known people will.You can use the control pannel to locate were you have posted in threads, and i may ask for names of threads you've posted in to check.

All users will put forwards 5 albums/eps/splits/demo's they choose, once the year is over, we will take the top 10 most selected, and eliminate the rest.From there, all users who initially voted, will have 5 points that can disperse positively or negatively between the ten releases. Once everyone has voted, we will tally and i will ask for some regs to help do a write up.

Please let me know what you think of this idea everyone. I know it's early, but this will give me time to check out potential voters, and people can always edit their list as they go. I just don't want to make it a big rush and it end up being late since there is a fair amount to do. And you can't just vote the same band/album for every spot. It will only be counted as one
Last edited by Riffmast at Oct 28, 2011,
Am I regular enough to tell you it sounds sweet?

Or just regular enough to poop without pain?
Philosophy > Life
sounds good to me. I'm just make my list now and edit it if anything changes:

phase 2
Last edited by technicolour at Oct 28, 2011,
Save lists for phase 2 thread please. One post per each voter and we can all edit them until he end of the year, then phase 3 will start.
Darnit, I have a bad feeling that Gorguts' new one won't be out this year after all. I reckon it would've surely made my list. Although I don't know if it matters either, since it most likely wouldn't make the top 10 either.
I think Gorguts would of, they have a big following on this forum. Anyways, later tonight we'll move on to phase 2.
haha, i may also employ some of you to help with certain tasks, like a re-counter and the like. but that won't be needed till phase 3
Last edited by Riffmast at Oct 28, 2011,
I have 11,000 posts in the metal forum. Does this qualify me as a regular?

yes
no
maybe

I may also have to congratulate you on this. In the future though, once you discover how cool Obliveon are.
Disappointed.

But, ultimately apathetic to the cause. You will find out one day, but until then, I really like how this is going down.
So this is the plan so far

ph1: approval

ph2: contenders: Users submit a top 5 list that may be edited up until Dec 20th, any album released after dec 20th will be put into a 2012 vote next year, it takes more than a week to let an album properly sink in.Some users may be asked to supply proof that they have in fact posted over 50 times in the forum, all posts to be counted must be from before december, to stop some random from coming with two weeks till the next stage and stack up 50 cheap votes to get a say.

ph3:final ten: The most frequent voted of the contenders will be made into a new list, all users will have 5 points they can use to boost albums or attack them. For example, if you really hate one album out of the ten you could -5 it and leave the rest alone, this means that no matter what, you can't just vote all up or all down, because ones who are left alone will be in a better position than thoose voted down. This will go on until Jan2nd mountain time, by then i think everyone will have had their new years.

ph4 :write ups: No more than 3 write ups per album will be handed by the regulars, plus a little introduction from myself, which i will keep as objective as possible.

ph5: worst of vote and write ups: everyone will vote one album they hated,the top 5 will be displayed with a write up by a reg who REALLY hates it.

yes/no ?
I like this idea.. count me in

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
To ensure a sufficient level of kvltness, I have taken it upon me to compile a list of posters allowed to vote. It is complete; if you think you have found others worthy of this list, consider that I have already thought of them and judged them too quintessentially gay.

nebiru
MHDrunk
morbid_death
VampireGoldfish
uuuuhhhhhhhh
Terror Kovenant
metal Lover
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
To ensure a sufficient level of kvltness, I have taken it upon me to compile a list of posters allowed to vote. It is complete; if you think you have found others worthy of this list, consider that I have already thought of them and judged them too quintessentially gay.

nebiru
MHDrunk
morbid_death
VampireGoldfish
uuuuhhhhhhhh
Terror Kovenant
metal Lover

Like we_built_a_tree?
I think I'm on the very limit of qualification, probably around 50 posts in the last 6 months give or take, do you mean 100 in total as in between the chat threads AND other threads in the last 6 months or 100 posts altogether (i.e. not just in the last 6 months)