Well, yesterday I lost another cable to some form of on-stage destruction or another. It wasn't an expensive one or anything, but it sucks to have to interrupt rehearsal because suddenly your guitar isn't making a peep. I'm curious if there's a particular way you folks transport cables from venue to venue in order to keep them safer from wear. For the most part, I just shove a couple in a bag on my way out the door. Or is it really worth an extra $20 or so for a teenager to buy the expensive "high quality" cables?
I'm really not so much concerned with the sound quality as much as how long they're going to last. Are there any particular cables that you know of that are especially sturdy?
I like hosa cables, they last pretty long and they are like $30 or so
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I think it's worth it to get some nice livewire/monster/planet waves cables because they have a life time warranty. If you buy like 4 or 5 of them, you won't have to buy cables ever again.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You definitely need good quality cables, but a lot of the most expensive ones aren't really any better than the average priced ones.

I also use these when transporting to gigs etc:
http://www.groupgear.co.uk/product_details.aspx?pid=159&cat=0&page=8
They keep your cables tidy and protect them from any excess wear & tear during transit. You'll still lose the occasional cable, but mine last a lot longer since I started using these lead tidys.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by InanezGuitars44
I think it's worth it to get some nice livewire/monster/planet waves cables because they have a life time warranty. If you buy like 4 or 5 of them, you won't have to buy cables ever again.

no monster cables, they kill your highs...*crawls off grumbling about lose the treble from my signal.*
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
eh....I think they're fine...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Worth it, not only do you get a lifetime no-questions-asked warranty, the improvement in tone is crazy, when I bought cheap cables, i though, "ahh cables don't affect the tone at all ", but since i've started using Monsters, the tone's soo clear ... its unbelievable how much of a difference a cable makes really!
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
I think the main this is wrapping up your cables nicely so they don't get kinked or anything like that. Get a couple velcro straps and wind your cables up and put then neatly in your bag. That will help a lot if keeping them going.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
I've only bought one cable in my life (Monster Cable), the rest have been ones I've found laying around believe it or not haha. I went to GC one day and when I was walking out an employee stopped me and said "Hey man, don't forget your Monster Cable! Wait, you're the guy that brought one in for warranty right?" 2nd MC right there.

I like the fact that Monster Cables can't separate, their plug is encased in some kinda clear plastic and it seals it to the cable. I don't have to worry about a cable failing again, or having to solder one back together. And if for some reason it does fail, I can take them to any guitar store and get a replacement without a receipt, no questions asked. As far as Monster Cables improving your tone... it's marketing hype

Get some of those Velcro thingies for cables, you just roll the cable up (I use my arm to wrap them around, hand to elbow) and put the Velcro loop over them. Keeps everything together, nice and neat, and they're easy to grab & go.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
DiMarzio cables are pretty surdy, and good sounding at that. fairly priced too on musicians friend. also

backpack
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
you can always roll your cables up after every use. seems to work well for me. I havent bought a cable in over 5 yrs and mine get used alot.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate