I was at a music shop in town today where I found a black and white solidbody guitar that looked a lot like an old Danelectro. It was called a Truetone and it was from the 50's. The price was only like $90 and I'm interested in it but I don't know a lot about it. I believe it was called a Truetone Vanguard.

I did some research and found that Truetones were made by Kay guitars, which also released Silvertone, Sherwood, Airline, and some others.

I know Danelectro is also associated a bit with Silvertone, and I'm interested in owning a vintage Danelectro one day. I know they are great for garage rock and such, which i play.

Does anyone know anything else about Truetones? If so would you recommend them for that price?

I love the idea of owning a vintage guitar, and I fear that may be clouding my judgement.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Last edited by Next Hendrix at Oct 28, 2011,