Hey UG
Im looking into buying a new guitar around christmas and i want to make sure i buy exactly what i want, so im planning very early what i want to try because i cant get out to try often. so basically, here is what i want.
Somehing good for thrash, death, and glam
very smooth thin neck for good playability
Under 400$
Not used
decent wood and pickups (not active and not expecting anything special with these)
No floating trem (i have and ibanez with one and im not very happy with it)
I will be playing with a 6505 112. Right now, my considerations with limited research are jackson js30 rhoads and kelly series, and maybe another ibanez. Sorry my price is low, i dont want to spend too much as i am a hockey player too and that is crazy expensive... Im also hoping to do little mod projects with it like changing pickups so it will get better and i will learn stuff. So please give me any guitar choices that will fit my criteria.
Thanks!
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
death/thrash/glam? heck thats a tricky combination. its like "i want something to wear to a funeral and a fight and a party..."

kramer striker in black is probably your best bet...
harley benton do some very good value guitars
jackson superstrats are also pretty good from what i've heard

these all have options with no floating trem
Last edited by Redd_dymond at Oct 28, 2011,
my local shops dont have kramers...
I wish i could try them, they seem to be liked a lot
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
or harley benton for that matter
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
or harley benton for that matter

Harley Benton guitars are not good at all. Their amps are a different story though
I didnt even know they made guitars till today... i know i said i wouldnt buy used but are kramers found in pawn shops and resale shops a lot?
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
I didnt even know they made guitars till today... i know i said i wouldnt buy used but are kramers found in pawn shops and resale shops a lot?

Yes, but you'll have to look for them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Go for a Jackson, they are good and they last long time. You can also easily replace pick-ups for EMG if you want.
I'd suggest going used, dude. If you look around you could find a RG1570 (Prestige, MIJ, awesome guitar) The stock V7/S1/V8 setup isn't the best but if you save up some more you can put the pickups you want in there after.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

I say look for ESP's as far as low end and midranged guitars I think ESP is better than any other major brand.

If you dont mind off brands there is the agiles at rondomusic.com they make pretty good guitars for the prices. There biggest sellers are there les pauls which which some are made with thin necks.

Of course they have things other than les pauls such as the Hornet
http://www.rondomusic.com/hornet.html

The Ghost III
http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostiiiwhite.html

and the Valkyrie
http://www.rondomusic.com/valksilverburst.html

Valkryie III
http://www.rondomusic.com/product815.html

Im not sure about the thickness of some of these but the last agile I played was a 3100 and it had a normal neck profile and it was deffinately thinner than a les paul so I would be that there more metal oriented guitars and there thin neck models would be pretty thin.
so i guess my best bets if i want to actually try the thing before i buy would be the a used ibanez jackson esp or kramer... im guessing theres no way to test the agiles, even though that hornet looks sick, so probably a no on that. cool thanks for the replies
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
look at greg bennett guitars,(samick) especially the torino series. basically they are gibson sg copies with some minor body changes. there are 3 models, the tr1, tr2, tr3. the tr1 and 2 models come with duncan designed humbuckers,thin nato bodies, (a wood very similar to mahogany) the tr2 model has binding and inlays. the tr3 model is not really cheap so ill stick with the first two. like i said, nato bodies and set mahogany necks. 22 frets, and grover tuners. all for around 200.00
they sound really good for such a cheap price.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by livingston96
so i guess my best bets if i want to actually try the thing before i buy would be the a used ibanez jackson esp or kramer... im guessing theres no way to test the agiles, even though that hornet looks sick, so probably a no on that. cool thanks for the replies

Yeah sadly the only way to really test an Agile is to buy it. Some times people in your area might have one but its unlikely that many people have the hornet since most people who buy agile buy les pauls.