So, next year (ill be 16) my school is having a trip to Laos and Cambodia. We see sights, visit the temples at Angkor, trek through jungle, trek with elephants and also see the villages, help build infastructure and sample local cuisine (not an average beach holiday!)

But

Its $5800
Most of the money it cost is made through fundraising activities held in school and outside of school. We will be having the sausage sizzle, small shit like that, but i was also trying to think of other ways to raise to money (by next year, first payments du in 2 weeks, only $290 though) nd i failed.

So, pit. I come to you and ask you this. What are some good ways to do fundraising
What. The most expensive trip my school ever went on was £700 to Krakow and Auschwitz.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

How much of the trip is actual charity work?

Quote by Trowzaa
What. The most expensive trip my school ever went on was £700 to Krakow and Auschwitz.

He's from australia so I'm assuming he'll take the plane... the lazy bastard. When I was young and had to do a school trip we always took the bus.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
watch the 7th episode of the 3rd season of The Boondocks, entitled "The Fundraiser." there you will find everything you could possibly need to know to help you raise the money.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Trowzaa

Yeah, but your in europe witch fits nicely into australia. And i doubt you can do much jungle trekking and elephant riding in aushwitz
Quote by LeakyFlask
So you'll be having a holiday in Cambodia?

Don't worry, i'll pack my wife.
Quote by Owenlee55
Don't worry, i'll pack my wife.

It's tough kid, but it's life.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Kensai
How much of the trip is actual charity work?

He's from australia so I'm assuming he'll take the plane... the lazy bastard. When I was young and had to do a school trip we always took the bus.

We took the plane over to Poland, still only cost £700 for 4 days. Stupid Australia, miles away from any civilisation.

Quote by Owenlee55
Yeah, but your in europe witch fits nicely into australia.

What does this even mean. Are you really bragging cos your country's bigger than my continent?

Which isn't even true anyway

Last edited by Trowzaa at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Trowzaa
We took the plane over to Poland, still only cost £700 for 4 days. Stupid Australia, miles away from any civilisation.

I'd bet swimming would be better for your wallet. Do some laps at your local pool, you'll be fine.

EDIT: I have no idea why I quoted the above post
Last edited by Kevin19 at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by Kevin19
I'd bet swimming would be better for your wallet. Do some laps at your local pool, you'll be fine.

Yeah, TS, swim.

In 4(ish) years I'm touring Europe with my school. It's about $7500. Better start saving now.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Trowzaa
What does this even mean. Are you really bragging cos your country's bigger than my continent?

Don't worry bro, they've still got more stupidity per Capita than Europe.
$5800? What airline are you taking? That's like the same price of my school's Europe trips.
cat
Get a job or two: in shops, cleaning, walking dogs, delivering newspapers/mail/catalogues, as an assistant, in a cafe, in a care home, as a receptionist - check the local newspapers and job agency websites.

Sell anything you don't need.
Quote by Trowzaa

I was saing that yo trvelling from britain to poland is lke getting a plane from 1 side of aus to the other. And yeah, its true.
Quote by guitargodofaus
What school do you go to? It sounds similar to a trip my friend did earlier this year.

What citie does your friend live in?
Quote by NosralTserrof
It's tough kid, but it's life.

You know what? I'm probs just going to Kiss ass while I bitch so i can get rich.
Quote by guitargodofaus
Coffs harbour

Nah, im in QLD. but the people who run it 'World Challenge' do lots of things with schools.
We went to Poland for like a week, it cost about 1500$, it was an educational trip though we went to all the death camps and etc.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Owenlee55
Nah, im in QLD. but the people who run it 'World Challenge' do lots of things with schools.

oh, same, I'm on the sunny coast. What about you?
Sell drugs. make money fast.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by guitargodofaus
oh, same, I'm on the sunny coast. What about you?

Bundy. Where bouts ar you?
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
We went to Poland for like a week, it cost about 1500$, it was an educational trip though we went to all the death camps and etc.

That's what we did. Salt mines as well?

Quote by vanhailin
Sell drugs. make money fast.

i would never do such a thing!