Well its in the title. I just learned The Kinks version of this song, and I am currently building a solo for it. I was wondering what key the song is in so I can find out what scales to use for the solo. And could you also give me good scales to use for it and if you have any, some cool tricks to add into it. I usually would just take this to my guitar teacher but that aint happening until Monday and I am playing this on Tuesday for my History of Rock N Roll class as we are currently studying the 60's ( reason for choosing this awesome song). Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the version I'm doing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHIBzztd2Vs
Colorado Avalanche
F major
But people are what they wanna be
They're not lemmings to the sea
Maybe it's time you looked at yourself
Stop blaming life on someone else

R.I.P JIMMY "THE REV" SULLIVAN
and also, just play around with the 5 positions of the f major pentatonic, throw in some bends here and there
But people are what they wanna be
They're not lemmings to the sea
Maybe it's time you looked at yourself
Stop blaming life on someone else

R.I.P JIMMY "THE REV" SULLIVAN
The song starts off in the key of G, then changes key a couple of times. I was starting off in G minor pentatonic, then going to A minor pentatonic, then D minor pentatonic. You can also use the relative major pentatonic for those, too.