So I was considering getting new strings soon in case mine break. I play mostly contemporary rock/contemporary/christian pop kind of music (Look up Hillsong, David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, etc)

I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass, and I was wondering which brand and type of string would best my needs.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Rounds are good for pretty much everything. Except tones you would get from flats (it's a bassier, more thumpy tone) and other kinds of strings.
Professional lurker since 2009.
In term of brands rotate what you buy. If you get one your not happy with then replace them or don't buy the same thing next time.
I use 4 different brands on 4 different basses for 4 different reasons and the only way I knew what I liked was to try them.
I use Search bars.

Anyways I use Rotosounds, R.Cocco, and DR Strings.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
How do you like the R.Coccos Jun? What bass are you using them on? I went back to Roto 66s on the blue Jazz. The Coccos were a bit to tame for it, still love them on the Corvette though.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
How do you like the R.Coccos Jun? What bass are you using them on? I went back to Roto 66s on the blue Jazz. The Coccos were a bit to tame for it, still love them on the Corvette though.

It's so-so on the Fenders but on the Ibanez SR Prestige they're amazingly articulate.

I love the fact that they have flatter sound overall on the Ibanez. As for the Fenders the Precision was a nasty mess of gurbled low end and weak mid-range. The Jazz on the other hand was mid-range heavy which I love.

For the price of them I wouldn't buy them again for the P but the Prestige SR and Jazz V these are the string for me.

EDIT:Compared to the DR Strings Stainless Steel Lo-Rider and Hi-Beams I was using before.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Oct 29, 2011,