Hello all....im just about as new as they come..i live in nnj and really want to learn electric. About how long can i expect to start playing well privided i find a good teacher and practice my azz off? Also, if anyone here knows of a good teacher in the northern passaic area it would be very much appreciated if i could have thier info.
1, laenr how to writ brahh, poelpe on hure raly hate on ma speelin' idk y u no bratha?
2, I recommend learning acoustic first.
3, If anyone ever invites you to the Pit, delete your account and run far, far away and cry in a corner.
4, Oh yeah, Welcome to UG newbie. Prepare for an unending parade of hazing on '11ers.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Last edited by Most_Triumphant at Oct 28, 2011,
Well, welcome to the site.

To ask how long it will take before you start playing well is quite subjective and hard for anyone to predict. It all depends on you - how quickly you learn new concepts, how quickly you learn fine muscle motions, how much you practice every day and what your goals are. I'm sure there's more I could add to the list, but you get the idea.

Finding a good teacher helps. Learning on your own is possible, however you can make mistakes that take a long time to catch and even longer to break.

Find yourself a decent teacher. Explain to him what your goals are. Practice daily. In no time at all, you'll be playing well. Whatever you do, don't give up and don't get discouraged. Learning any instrument takes time and patience. As long as you have both, you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Edit: Don't worry about your spelling. Most of those who will criticize your punctuation or grammar will make mistakes, too.

The Pit. Stay away from it. It's an area of the forum where almost anything goes. I wandered in there a couple of days ago and found myself banned due to one of the moderator's "joke" threads. Unfortunately, some of us didn't find it too funny and weren't in the mood to play the games he wanted for us to get out. I refused to play the game and I'm out. Stay out of The Pit. You've been warned.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
Well, welcome to the site.

To ask how long it will take before you start playing well is quite subjective and hard for anyone to predict. It all depends on you - how quickly you learn new concepts, how quickly you learn fine muscle motions, how much you practice every day and what your goals are. I'm sure there's more I could add to the list, but you get the idea.

Finding a good teacher helps. Learning on your own is possible, however you can make mistakes that take a long time to catch and even longer to break.

Find yourself a decent teacher. Explain to him what your goals are. Practice daily. In no time at all, you'll be playing well. Whatever you do, don't give up and don't get discouraged. Learning any instrument takes time and patience. As long as you have both, you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Edit: Don't worry about your spelling. Most of those who will criticize your punctuation or grammar will make mistakes, too.

The Pit. Stay away from it. It's an area of the forum where almost anything goes. I wandered in there a couple of days ago and found myself banned due to one of the moderator's "joke" threads. Unfortunately, some of us didn't find it too funny and weren't in the mood to play the games he wanted for us to get out. I refused to play the game and I'm out. Stay out of The Pit. You've been warned.

Thanks!!! Advise well taken....I really dont take anything too serious on the net...full of lifeless people looking for attention. besides being up since 4am and trying to type doesnt help either..LOL