Hello again!

My band have recently started gigging again and once again I am faced with the problem of having no amplifier. A few months ago I bought a used Crate GX-65 (solid state) amp which was surprisingly good for the money (£65) but it died on me and now I feel that it's time to stop buying cheap solid state amps and time to invest in some CHOOOOBS. So I need help choosing a decent amp within my price range.

I have about £300 to spend and I am willing to go used. I play a lot of funk, standard rock, just anything with a clean sound in really What can I say! I am a sucker for a punchy clean sound with a shit load of reverb

I really do need my cleans because although I play a fair amount of rock and occasionally metal, I absolutely LOVE the sound you can achieve with a strat or a tele. My bands sound consists of a lot of quiet, mellow cleans. I don't need an amazing overdrive/distortion channel, as I'm looking for something that will work well with my pedals (see my profile for more detail) So basically I'm looking for a clean amp. Built in effects aren't really needed.

I've already said I'm looking for a tube amp, but I know I won't get much for £300, so if there's a decent SS, then I'd be willing to take a look.

I need something loud enough for gigs in front of about 200 - 300 people. If it helps at all I own a Fender Classic Player 50's Strat (plays like a dream) and a load of pedals (see my profile for more detail) Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Photo of my pedalboard included below.

DSCF1990 by CHARLIESLYSTER, on Flickr
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

I will reply to any comments in the morning by the way! It's almost 3:00am here in the UK and I am knackered!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Save up a bit more and get a Peavey Classic 30 watt.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
dude if your doing 2-300 people ur gonna need a big ass amp, and for that much money i don't know if you'll find anything.

having said that, i would definitely take a look into some ac30's. i think those would be pretty prime cleans as well as overdrives for you. they can get expensive though

jet city makes a damn nice amp for the price but idk what prices would be like in the uk for those.

i would also suggest some blackstar, really amazing stuff
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 29, 2011,
Shameless plug but need to sell on behalf of my brother.

£300 collected.

Laney Vc50 (look it up) 212 with Greenbacks. It's a 50w combo of the VH100 head.

Will do everthing you want, from shiny cleans to all out Brootz. It's scary loud when you need it to be.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Save up a bit more and get a Peavey Classic 30 watt.

That's the problem though, I'm short on cash and we're going to start gigging in less than 2 weeks! Keep in mind I'm 16 years old and jobless
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by andrerist
dude if your doing 2-300 people ur gonna need a big ass amp, and for that much money i don't know if you'll find anything.

having said that, i would definitely take a look into some ac30's. i think those would be pretty prime cleans as well as overdrives for you. they can get expensive though

jet city makes a damn nice amp for the price but idk what prices would be like in the uk for those.

i would also suggest some blackstar, really amazing stuff

They're all fantastic amps, just a little pricey
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by Offworld92

I've saved both the auctions on my computer, I'm really interested in the 50! Thanks for the suggestions!
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by Tom 1.0

£300 collected.

Laney Vc50 (look it up) 212 with Greenbacks. It's a 50w combo of the VH100 head.

Will do everthing you want, from shiny cleans to all out Brootz. It's scary loud when you need it to be.

Where abouts are you based buddy?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by Tom 1.0

£300 collected.

These are very nice amps, so +1 (TOM you a used car salesman? )

If it wouldn'd cost a lot, hop on the train and go get it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm in Essex. Southend mate.

To post its about 35

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Meh

TS we can do you £320 delivered ass early as monday, tuesday or wed.

Find a better deal...

I dare you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Oct 29, 2011,
good deals on jet cities on ebay, though i haven't tried them and suspect they're more aimed at dirt than cleans

tom's vc50 would probably be worth a try, assuming it's the same as the vh100r in combo form, and assuming he's got it fixed now
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by andrerist
Why? He'll have a PA. All you are ever competing with is the drummer - and that's only for the onstage sound. FOH is the PA's job. It doesn't matter how many people are there, you get your onstage sound right and let the PA sort out what the crowd is hearing. I always use big amps myself because I don't like relying on foldback and I like feedback but seriously, wtf has the size of the crowd got to do with anything?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification