Hello guys!

I am currently looking for a strat shaped guitar that only has one humbucker (or a humbucker and a single in the neck position), and i mean with no faceplate (so there is only a cavity for the humbucker as i dont want to use a faceplate.)

Also this guitar needs to have a tremolo. I doesn't really matter what kind to me to be honest.

This will just be a project guitar so i can make a george lynch tiger guitar out of it.

Also it can be used or new, just most importantly cheap (but not a peice of crap guitar)

Thanks for the help guys!

-Jarrod
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
What do you consider to be cheap? We need a budget. A location wouldn't hurt either, if you want to go used.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What do you consider to be cheap? We need a budget. A location wouldn't hurt either, if you want to go used.

Well since this was a project guitar i was thinking less than 200. I'm talking something i can find used relatively cheap. Also nearest big city is Worchester/Boston
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Way Cool JR.
The new Kramer "Beretta Special" Will do you great for the money. It has a Fender style 6 point trem instead of a Floyd Rose though, you can always mod it to have an FR in the future. They sell for $179 new and will most likely be the best thing you will get for the money.

WOH I LOVE BARETTAS! I have not seen this yet thank you so much!

Do you mind linking me to one of these bad boys?
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Last edited by Jarrodthebobo at Oct 28, 2011,
just most importantly cheap (but not a peice of crap guitar)/QUOTE]

Those two generally don't go together.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
just most importantly cheap (but not a peice of crap guitar)/QUOTE]

Those two generally don't go together.

I beg to differ. Got a B.C Rich warlock for cheaps (50 bucks) and i love it. Remeber im going used market.

Also i can seem to find the kramer barreta special anywhere...
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Here is a link http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-KRM-KPBS-LIST

They said earlier this week on the site they would be in 10/24/11 but now it just says pre-order. I think they already have them and are more than likely just processing them. You could always call and ask them.

Thanks man

I'll be combing through flea markets, but if i can't find anything, ill get this baby.

Also anything that usually goes used cheap at guitarcenter that fits my specs?
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo

Also anything that usually goes used cheap at guitarcenter that fits my specs?

There's a Charvel Charvette in Boston for $140

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
There's a Charvel Charvette in Boston for $140

ooo. Me interested.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Heilz
Let's see if i got this right.... Strat shaped, o e humbucker, one single in neck, no scratchplate????

http://m.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-M-15-Electric-Guitar-105945901-i1543321.gc

I want my prize lynch is endorsed by ESP btw man, can't go wrong.

but there is no tremolo
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
I failed.... Must commit sepukku!!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Heilz
I failed.... Must commit sepukku!!

NO DONT DO THAT!

Just try to redeem yourself with more guitars XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
if you can find one of the older bc rich gunslinger retros with teh dimarzio super distortion, it might be worth considering. You can normally still find some shops which have them in stock. it's yellow, too, so it'd make it easier to make the george lynch, maybe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First off how can i just fill in a pickup hole? Do i need to buy somthing specific?

Also I've kinda changed a specification for what i need, I would really like it to have a maple neck. But if you guys can find something that is a great deal without a maple neck ill still be happy.

Hitting a flea market tommarow and then a guitarcenter, hopefully ill find something . Or ill just get that Charvel or the Kramer
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
To fill pickups cavities just cut out a some wood in the shape of the holes and glue them in, then fill the gaps with wood filler and sand it down to get a smooth flat surface. Its pretty easy to do and if done right then after you repaint it no one would ever know it was HSS.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
A Retro Gunslinger would be another good bet like "Dave Mc" suggested, they have a maple neck & fretboard. The newest of the Retro Slinger's are half the price of the previous Retro's and are actually pretty great guitars build/sound wise. The only difference is they are made of basswood with a Duncan Designed pup and FR Special instead of alder/SD/OFR. Build quality IMO is just as good as the previous more expensive Retro's. They sell for $300 new, a hundred over your budget, but IMO they are well worth the money and then some. And the yellow one would make your "Tiger" paint job a little easier.

I might go with that...

I just need to find it used you know.

Its a project guitar so i was really hoping under 200, becuase even that is over budget .

Ill keep looking
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Sorry for bumping this but I wanted to make an adjustment for what I'm looking for.

I'd really like to find a nice older kramer with a single humbucker. Right now I'm bidding on a kramer Striker 100st, which I don't think ill win do to the compition .

If I Don't win it does anyone here have any recomendations what to look for, a link to a nice ol' kramer,or selling a kramer.

Sorry for asking for so much crap.

-Jarrod

P.S, my budget still is around 120-200, more realisticly on the lower end, but if it is a really good really rare guitar I just might bump up my budget.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
check out the kramer vintage forum/website.

I don't know too much about older kramers, but i do know that you need to be careful regarding which model you get- some are great, and some are cheap crap, so you need to know what you're buying.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Darkdevil725
To fill pickups cavities just cut out a some wood in the shape of the holes and glue them in, then fill the gaps with wood filler and sand it down to get a smooth flat surface. Its pretty easy to do and if done right then after you repaint it no one would ever know it was HSS.

This man speaks the truth.

This is my current project:

It's a "Marlin Stingray" from some point in the '80s. It's even got a scalloped neck. I picked it up for £10 off of Gumtree.
I would avoid a Kramer Striker 100st. The bodies on them are plywood.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
BC Rich Gunslinger is what u need. OFR, 1 pickup, and yeaa
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I would avoid a Kramer Striker 100st. The bodies on them are plywood.

I realize that, its just, a good high output pickup (which i will be gettign for this) can negate the crapola wood (so i've been told).

Also to the post above me, i love the b.c rich gunslinger to peices, but it is to pricey for me.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
I realize that, its just, a good high output pickup (which i will be gettign for this) can negate the crapola wood (so i've been told).

Nope. Common misconception.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Nope. Common misconception.

Was just on the kramer forum and found a little trick I'm gonna try when/ if i get this.

It goes that over time the glucose in the wood completely bonds with the glue in plywood making it "one"

A way to speed this natural reaction up is to take a radio, put it on any station you want, and have a part of the guitar touching the speaker, or take the speaker out and put it on the guitar. The vibrations emulate a guitar being played non stop and supposively help the sustain of the plywood greatly.

There was someone who had stated he was very sceptikal then tryed it and it actually did work really well.

I dont know if that'll work but I can always get a compressor
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build