Page 1 of 2
So, how do you guys start a conversation with a girl on Facebook, especially if you don't know her that well? I'm trying hard to think up an interesting way to start up a conversation and I'm drawing blanks, because I've only met her in person once, and the whole "oops wrong person" thing just seems stupid. Any ideas Pit monkeys?
How about you talk to her in real life first. If you do something social, either make a status commenting on it or talk to her about it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
"hey give me your number so we can talk in person"
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I literally just posted something about this in the Relationship thread, with the exact same story. You dissing me boy?
you're a stone fox
Quote by Weaponized
Send her this message:

When I see u i go from

8=D

to

8=================D

Please let you be mine

This bitches love text peni
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
"Hey, you come here often?"
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
If you don't know her send her:"Do we know eachother"?

If you do know her and you never talk to her just start by saying hi, most people will answer back even if it will seem weird to them.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Just comment on her status or something and make sure it's something funny or otherwise catches her interest. then continue to do it or catch her online on fb chat some time. fb is a great way to get dates regardless of what people say.
Quote by bassman4694
I should have known I wouldn't get any legitimate answers *shakes head*

Go to the Relationship thread. See my post, it's on the last page. It's what we are currently discussing. Stop mirror threading/posting me.
you're a stone fox
hay hotty, if i wash it will u touch it?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Saint78
Go to the Relationship thread. See my post, it's on the last page. It's what we are currently discussing. Stop mirror threading/posting me.

Bro, that's the second post you said that. SORRY. Don't get so butthurt over nothing, I didn't see it jesus.
Quote by bassman4694
Bro, that's the second post you said that. SORRY. Don't get so butthurt over nothing, I didn't see it jesus.

I WILL ALWAYS BE BUTTHURT AND CYNICAL ABOUT PEOPLE COPYING MY POSTS. ALWAYS. I READ AN ENTIRE THREAD TO MAKE SURE I DON'T GET NINJA'D. Also, I'm joking. Though the posts were pretty similar, I'm sure it's a coincidence.
you're a stone fox
Girls tend to find it creepy. Proceed with caution.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Definitely a coincidence, I thought you were really mad but I guess we're all good then dood
Quote by bassman4694
Definitely a coincidence, I thought you were really mad but I guess we're all good then dood

Nah, I don't get seriously mad at strangers on the internet, I'm usually either joking, or jokingly mad, like "That is goddamn dildo, goddammit! "
you're a stone fox
i met my current girl on facebook. i started to talking to her about cats on someone's status.

i've had reasonable success with "i haven't seen you in a while. you're cute." but if this girl is at all classy, you'll just look like a creep.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Give us her current status so we can give you a clever quip that will make her fall in love with you. Think of us as your Cyrano de Bergerac.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
My name is Kevin and my dick is heaven

Works every time (if your name is kevin [or devon])
"Hi. I don't think we've properly met. I'm (insert your name here)."
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by element4433
Girls tend to find it creepy. Proceed with caution.

Only a total cretin would someone bother adding someone to facebook , then go online on fb messenger and then get creeped out when someone they've added is talking to them, that's what it's there for, if you're 'online' then you should be prepared to be talked to by people you're friends with.
If you don't want to get messaged by someone then either don't add them or don't be online on messenger..
Yeah, she goes to Christian school where I used to go ( would still proceed anyway, at my own risk I know) but yeah I have a feeling she'd be more creeped out than anything so I wouldn't want it to be weird...and yeah she never posts anything ever, or I would sneak in like that.
Quote by triface
Do The Naked Man.

Works two out of three times.

Fixed.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Oh and here's some more serious advice for you

Quote by piratemetalhead
well, my ladyfriend told me to a few things about text game: 1. dont text back so fast, 2. not too much smiley faces, 3. dont try to sound so excited/ cutesy all the time
you're a stone fox
Flirt with her in real life. She'll be more likely to talk to you.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Only a total cretin would someone bother adding someone to facebook , then go online on fb messenger and then get creeped out when someone they've added is talking to them, that's what it's there for, if you're 'online' then you should be prepared to be talked to by people you're friends with.
If you don't want to get messaged by someone then either don't add them or don't be online on messenger..
There's a difference between talking and flirting.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Depends on whether you met her recently or ages ago. It'd be a bit weird to talk to her after meeting her once four months ago.

If you think she remembers you then say hi, if not, just say hi anyway or wait until you see her again.
I would flirt with her in real life, but like she hangs out with like completely different people than I do, and I can't just be like "HEY. COME HERE." Also, she's a couple years younger than me, so I don't want her to think I'm a total creep. I can flirt completely fine, once a conversation starts, it's just starting it that's a problem....the one time we talked in real life, like my friend started talking to her and she like turned away for a minute and someone said something to me and we got distracted, and blah blah blah, and I couldn't focus on anything besides how damn hot she was anyway *rolls eyes*
No, I got introduced to her like 2 weeks ago by a friend, but the conversation flew south faster than you can say "beta-fag"
Quote by Saint78
Oh and here's some more serious advice for you

sharing my friends words of advice, kudos

later i will tell the most retarded story, very thread related, ive posted this so much on UG it could be a meme and just totally **** my reputation in the real world
At this time of year you have a very easy excuse to start a conversation. Here's how it will go:

Me: Hey, quick question if you don't mind?
Sexy Lady: Ya sure, no problem. What is it?
Me: I've got a Halloween party to go to on weekend but have no idea what to wear?? No one has any good ideas and I can't think of anything...
Sexy Lady: hmmm how about you be a vampire from twilight :P I think Edward is so sexy.
Me: Nahh, thats not really my style, not really into that stuff.

Anyways, you get the point. Use that opening line and you can blast the legs of that conversation open wider than your mom's on her birthday last year. Seriously.

Edit: Also, this could lead to a potential party she's going to you may get invited by her to come to or you could invite her to go trick or treating with you (pending your age I suppose). You can talk about previous costumes, what she did... blah blah blah endless bro endless
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Last edited by Maillouxlp18 at Oct 28, 2011,
Quote by AeroRocker
"hey give me your number so we can talk in person"

Why do you need someone's number to talk to them in person?
Ask her if you can see her (.)Y(.)
"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." -Bob Brozman
Quote by bassman4694
the whole "oops wrong person" thing just seems stupid

"hey, are you ____ from work?"
"...no"
"Oh sorry"
"its ok lol"
"youre prettier than the ___ i know"
"ok lol add the right person next time
"ok sorry lol i guess you can delet me now"
"ok"