When I put new strings onto my Schecter C-1 Classic, everything seemed cool. (It had .9-.46 gauges on it when I bought it, and now, I've replaced them with .13-.60, I'm putting it in C# Standard) Like expected, there's a big freaking bow in the neck. So, just like every other person, I adjusted the truss rod, 1/4 turns and whatnot (Rightie tightie right?). But, it doesn't seem to do anything, in fact, it seems to make the bow in the neck even worse... I've made about 8 quarter turns and there's still buzzing on the 12-24 frets on the lower C# string. Plus, there's like a 1/3 of an inch gap between the string and the fretboard...

So, Am I just dumb and cannot figure out rudimentary things? Or is there a bigger problem looming? Any recommended course of action?

Thanks!
Slacken the strings and tighten the rod, allow it time to settle between turns and only a 1/4 at a time as you've been doing.
Quote by Twidler
Slacken the strings and tighten the rod, allow it time to settle between turns and only a 1/4 at a time as you've been doing.

Alrightie, Will do.

Is there a possibility of of my guitar being damaged?
Quote by Cannibal Koala
Alrightie, Will do.

Is there a possibility of of my guitar being damaged?

Not if it is done right. Truss rods can be fickle but simple to deal with. Just do as twidler says and you should be fine but if the bow actually gets worse then stop and take it to a tech cause then that means that something is deffinately wrong with the truss rod.
Just re read your first post, just to be clear have you measured the actual dip/relief? Clamp the low E string at the first fret and where the neck joins the body then check the gap near the middle say 7th, 8th, 9th fret, ideally it's recommended to have a small gap somewhere around 0.5mm there abouts. Use a cappo on the first fret and hold the string down where the neck meets the body. If you slacken the strings off completely the neck should sit more or less flat, if not then I'd be concerned.
Yea just slacken your strings and let it sit for a day or so. Did you file your nut as well?
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
Alright, I've decided not to mess with it for a day or two, and I have slackened the strings down to little or no tension. In a days time, I'll check it out. I've read that the neck needs some time to settle if it's a big adjustment. If the neck isn't flat or even close, I'll bring it down to my friendly neighborhood guitar tech. Thanks everybody!
Another question: I put my Schecter in C# Standard (at MOST D Standard) for about month and a half prior to figuring out that it needed a truss rod adjustment, can this cause warping in the neck and thus why the guitar neck is acting strange?
Did you have thick strings on?
Gear
Guitars-
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
Quote by ultimate-rocker
Did you have thick strings on?

13-60 in drop c# it's in the first post
He just said he played for about a month. I didn't know if he had those strings on the whole time or not.
Gear
Guitars-
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
Quote by Cannibal Koala
When I put new strings onto my Schecter C-1 Classic, everything seemed cool. (It had .9-.46 gauges on it when I bought it, and now, I've replaced them with .13-.60, I'm putting it in C# Standard) Like expected, there's a big freaking bow in the neck. So, just like every other person, I adjusted the truss rod, 1/4 turns and whatnot (Rightie tightie right?). But, it doesn't seem to do anything, in fact, it seems to make the bow in the neck even worse... I've made about 8 quarter turns and there's still buzzing on the 12-24 frets on the lower C# string. Plus, there's like a 1/3 of an inch gap between the string and the fretboard...

So, Am I just dumb and cannot figure out rudimentary things? Or is there a bigger problem looming? Any recommended course of action?

Thanks!

Just need to read it carefully, you're not alone though, done it myself often enough so I read them through a few times now before posting.
Quote by Twidler
Just need to read it carefully, you're not alone though, done it myself often enough so I read them through a few times now before posting.

Yeah, we've all had a bit of that.

So, would the thick strings on the neck hurt the neck without an adjustment?
Quote by Cannibal Koala
So, would the thick strings on the neck hurt the neck without an adjustment?

No.
Quote by jpnyc
No.

Alright, Thanks everyone, I've restrung it with 11's, and have slackened them pretty good. I'll make another thread if the problem is not resolved within the next few days.

Thanks everyone!
Keep in mind that the bowing might not have anything to do with the strings. It is Autumn, so it might just be that your new guitar coincided with temperature and humidity changes that caused the neck to shift, so changing strings may not matter.