Page 1 of 7
While the thread proper advises you to take discussion to the off-topic thread, that would only result in valuable questions getting buried under the usual silliness, the many poignant tales of social ineptitude, and severed-metal's latest moose-shagging escapades. That or eazy's mum.

REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR INCESSANT BLABBERING OUT OF THE VOTE THREAD AND PUT IT IN HERE.

Behold!
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Ha, and in a very real sense, ha.

...would you love me?
I like this taking initiative, comrades, if we all work together like WBAT hear has shown us, we can build a better thread, and a better forum for tomorrow.
So what is needed to be talked about in this thread ? uhhh

So it's fair to say Disma is going to have a spot in the top 10 haha.
I only know one album that's surely going to be on my list, but I'm not voting for anything until the new The Lamp of Thoth comes out.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

1.) More people need to vote for Bones and Venenum
2.) Do we allow Beherit's new one? It's not an album that's really from this year, I'd say.

...would you love me?
When you guys get bored of your usual bands, how do you find new ones?

I personally check out record label websites. Huge Metal Blade fan.
Quote by we_built_a_tree
1.) More people need to vote for Bones and Venenum
2.) Do we allow Beherit's new one? It's not an album that's really from this year, I'd say.

Yes, it was unheard by the general public until this yes.
One page in and someone mentions Scar Symmetry, jesus wept! That was the quickest year of all time, too.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Heh. Is Duncan actually aware of this?

...would you love me?
No eye-deer. Im sure he'll be grand with it though, these things always run fairly smoothly.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Come on elitists, lets do this. Elitist megazord power unite, form of Speckmann!!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
I get the feeling it'll be a lot more 'open' of a contest this year.

Actually reviewing peoples choices, it's not open at all, Disma are clearly looking like favourites.
Best thread: Hessian Prog

Necrobump of the year: carlwars
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Quote by Riffmast
Yes, it was unheard by the general public until this yes.

I agree. Antichrist-Sacrament of Blood also falls under this category
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by OOgly bOObly
Best thread: Hessian Prog

Necrobump of the year: carlwars

Agree with all of this

Best Album: FFDP - American Capitalist
Philosophy > Life
This will be the fourth year that me voting doesn't necessarily do shit.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Second for me. Although, who knows? Well, I'll give a vote for Disma but so will everyone else, so that won't make a difference.
Quote by Stranglehold
Come on elitists, lets do this. Elitist megazord power unite, form of Speckmann!!

"You damn kvlterrangers, i will have my revenge"-Magero

I'm just hoping we get a clear top 10 out of this, votes are quite varied so far.
Last edited by Riffmast at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Sanitarium91
So does anyone else reckon they'll give some love to Vektor in this?

Probably, because thrash is all I know, and I feel horribly uncomfortable when forced to discuss other forms of music with the rest of the metal forumites. Everyone will point and laugh, and say "Ha, there's that guy with the wierd rat deal, who only listens to thrash! Let us all shun him and his dead genre."

Come to think of it I honestly couldn't name one release from another metal subgenre this year. I'm not good at this keeping up with... Stuff. Thing.

I'm just going to vote for a band I recognise. If I remember to at all.
I almost immediately did just that when I had seen that you posted in here
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Vermintide
Probably, because thrash is all I know, and I feel horribly uncomfortable when forced to discuss other forms of music with the rest of the metal forumites. Everyone will point and laugh, and say "Ha, there's that guy with the wierd rat deal, who only listens to thrash! Let us all shun him and his dead genre."

Come to think of it I honestly couldn't name one release from another metal subgenre this year. I'm not good at this keeping up with... Stuff. Thing.

I'm just going to vote for a band I recognise. If I remember to at all.
Ha, I somewhat share your sentiments. I'm not that aware of what's going on beyond thrash at the moment either, save a couple releases, but I plan on finding out a bit more before I vote.

Quote by MoogleRancha
I'm voting for Trivium if they have something new this year

I'm quite surprised I haven't seen you or Wildchild givin all your support to Illud Divinum Insanus yet.
Last edited by Sanitarium91 at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by MoogleRancha
I'm voting for Trivium if they have something new this year

They aren't allowed,only genres covered in our rec thread is allowed for consistencies sake.