Page 1 of 3
Stop coming into guitar center, and playing shitty metal riffs. Its as if 80% of people think shredding some shitty melody, or vomiting power chords is somehow impressive lern2play properly

Thanks
If someone is looking to buy a guitar and happens to play metal, I highly doubt they'll try out guitars by playing some Grateful Dead.

If they're coming in to waste time, they're just as annoying and boring as the ones who do the same playing blues or classic rock.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If someone is looking to buy a guitar and happens to play metal, I highly doubt they'll try out guitars by playing some Grateful Dead.

ok that made me smile
e----------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------
G------3------5-------------3-----6-----5-----------3----5-
D--5---3------5--------5----3-----6-----5------5----3----5-
A--5-------------------5-----------------------5-----------
E----------------------------------------------------------
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
e----------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------
G------3------5-------------3-----6-----5-----------3----5-
D--5---3------5--------5----3-----6-----5------5----3----5-
A--5-------------------5-----------------------5-----------
E----------------------------------------------------------

SMOOOOOOOOOOKEEE ON THE HURRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRR

I've lost count of how many guitar store employees have bitched about this happening.

If you don't like it, find another job.
The day I own a guitar store (or work at one), anyone caught doing this scrub move will get kicked the **** out. Im not gonna get mad that your parents didnt teach you proper taste in music, but for Christ sakes wake up
Quote by Go0ber
The day I own a guitar store (or work at one), anyone caught doing this scrub move will get kicked the **** out. Im not gonna get mad that your parents didnt teach you proper taste in music, but for Christ sakes wake up

That's you out of business or a job in 6 months.
If you work there, let them play and say "nice chops" or something, even if you hate it. It'll encourage them to buy and come back in the future.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Go0ber

2/10
Quote by Go0ber
Stop coming into guitar center, and playing shitty metal riffs. Its as if 80% of people think shredding some shitty melody, or vomiting power chords is somehow impressive lern2play properly

Thanks

Quote by Go0ber

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Go0ber

Well, luckily for everyone who isn't a master at everything musical like yourself, you'll never own a guitar store.
If you get angry at what people play in guitar stores then its perhaps time to give up on life really. Most boring, pathetic thing ive ever heard.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's you out of business or a job in 6 months.

Eeyup.

Get your head out of your arse, TS.
Quote by behind_you
TS is jealous of all those scrubs because they're better than him at guitar.

Ill admit. I cant do the stuff that these kids do. But why on EARTH would I sit and practice for hours on end on stupid shit (like the same power chord progressions, or sweep picking).

Like playing simple shit REALLLY fast is somehow impressive?
Quote by behind_you
TS is jealous of all those scrubs because they're better than him at guitar.

*sniffs at the metalheads and proceeds to play Creedence covers*
Quote by Go0ber
Ill admit. I cant do the stuff that these kids do. But why on EARTH would I sit and practice for hours on end on stupid shit (like the same power chord progressions, or sweep picking).

And loads of people find Dave Gilmour piling on the delay impressive (or 'emotional' as they like to call it). What is your point?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

If they're coming in to waste time, they're just as annoying and boring as the ones who do the same playing blues or classic rock.

Boom. This.

Even though I used to love metal, and still like some of them.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And loads of people find Dave Gilmour piling on the delay impressive (or 'emotional' as they like to call it). What is your point?

ok ok ill admit it

If I walked into guitar center as a 16 yr old, or blind folded I might be mildly impressed at what these kids are playing
Sweep picking is the sh*t, and when kids master the sh*t they feel the need to show off. And because they spent so long practicing sweeps, they don't actually have a band, so let them have their little moment. For the record, I don't sweep in shops, I tend to play some Smiths. Don't know why.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by TomMon
Sweep picking is the sh*t, and when kids master the sh*t they feel the need to show off. And because they spent so long practicing sweeps, they don't actually have a band, so let them have their little moment. For the record, I don't sweep in shops, I tend to play some Smiths. Don't know why.

When I go into guitar shops I'll pick up a guitar and belt out some Iron Maiden. Sweep picking is kinda cool but it makes you look like a show-off.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Go0ber

Because you'd rather bring your pretentious ass on here and bitch Go0ber.
Hey I'm just being honest with you since nobody else will. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go play Rocksmith.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

This is why I voted for you.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by Go0ber

lol u jelly of my sweep picking? u cant do shit ******. go play some dumbass jazz or some gay shit like that while i sleep pick fast as ****.

u mirin?
Quote by Go0ber

Thanks

Who says they are trying to impress? When I go into a music store to purchase a guitar or amp or otherwise, I try all my techniques to make sure this piece of equipment can sound good and feel good with them. My specialty is technical death metal. So I'm not going to play reggae or some easy listening. I make sure this thing can handle everything from technical death metal to jazz. In order to do that, I need to perform some of my techniques. I recently went into my local music store. There were two kids there playing acoustic guitar absurdly hard and terrible. They weren't trying to impress anyone. They were trying some acoustic guitars and wanted to see what was good for their skill level. I didn't angry at them for not playing my style of music. They were playing Creed and some other stuff. I hate Creed. But they liked it so who cares? I'm sorry we don't all like your kind of music. Maybe it's you who should learn common courtesy.
Quote by carnagereap666
Who says they are trying to impress? When I go into a music store to purchase a guitar or amp or otherwise, I try all my techniques to make sure this piece of equipment can sound good and feel good with them. My specialty is technical death metal. So I'm not going to play reggae or some easy listening. I make sure this thing can handle everything from technical death metal to jazz. In order to do that, I need to perform some of my techniques. I recently went into my local music store. There were two kids there playing acoustic guitar absurdly hard and terrible. They weren't trying to impress anyone. They were trying some acoustic guitars and wanted to see what was good for their skill level. I didn't angry at them for not playing my style of music. They were playing Creed and some other stuff. I hate Creed. But they liked it so who cares? I'm sorry we don't all like your kind of music. Maybe it's you who should learn common courtesy.

maybe my problem is this part. Death metal is right up there with dubstep for me, and speaks measures about a person. Hardly music. Who needs to worry about making musical mistakes when your distortion is all they way up AMIRITE
Ive honestly no idea what sweep picking is.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Spoonman69
Ive honestly no idea what sweep picking is.

Hearing that gives me the same feeling as watching an innocent child play and be full of life......ignorant of the horrors the world offers
Quote by carnagereap666
They were trying some acoustic guitars and wanted to see what was good for their skill level. I didn't angry at them for not playing my style of music. They were playing Creed and some other stuff.

Quote by carnagereap666
I didn't angry at them for not playing my style of music. They were playing Creed and some other stuff.

Quote by carnagereap666
I didn't angry at them for not playing my style of music.

Quote by carnagereap666
I didn't angry at them

hello
Quote by Go0ber
maybe my problem is this part. Death metal is right up there with dubstep for me, and speaks measures about a person. Hardly music. Who needs to worry about making musical mistakes when your distortion is all they way up AMIRITE

You are not right. Now I want to go to GC and play I Cum Blood....
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Go0ber

so you're going to kick 80% of potential customers out of your store?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
sort of reminds you of how many cynical **** puppets play music eh.

in other news, TS is on the rag.
Quote by Go0ber

No, you aren't.
You're just another idiot that thinks their taste in music is superior to everyone elses.
What a sad little life you must lead
Quote by Go0ber
ok ok ill admit it

If I walked into guitar center as a 16 yr old, or blind folded I might be mildly impressed at what these kids are playing

It's okay guys, we only have 4 years to wait til he can be impressed by us.
Page 1 of 3