Where's the best place to buy a second hand guitar from? I'm looking at buying an Epiphone Black Beauty but I don't have £500 to buy a new one, I was hoping to find one that I could get for more like £200 but the only website I know of is Ebay...

Any suggestions for sites that sell second hand guitars?

Edit: Is this guitar fake?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/epiphone-black-beauty/87891296
Last edited by JNBloomy at Oct 29, 2011,
Gumtree in the UK is a site, look in pawnshops also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A few shops do second hand guitars if you hunt around. GuitarGuitar for example have quite a big second hand section. Coda-music also (theres plenty of others too)
Ebay is good
Gumtree if you want to look locally for one.
Ebay is where you will most likely find them, btw dont bother buying a black beauty, the extra pickup is pointless, just buy a black epi custom and save some money
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
proly not a fake, go for it if you really want one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
guitars on gumtree are usually fine people often drop the price for epiphones quite a lot when they want to resell them quickly, in the photo of the headstock the inlay looks just plain white it should be a mottled mother of pearl but that is probably just the flash on the guys phone killing the contrast

basically, go take a look if you're thinking about buying any instrument, and make sure its in working order as it's second hand but you can generally say people selling on gumtree just want to get rid of something quickly without much effort

getting a lift from your dad / a very muscular friend is a good excuse to bring a minder if you are nervous

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx
check the serial number on the back of the headstock too :p
Last edited by funeralllllllll at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by RetroGunslinger
dont bother buying a black beauty, the extra pickup is pointless

I have to agree with this. My brother has a Dean Cadillac which has 3 full sized humbuckers, and the middle one is just... weird. The tone isn't particularly usable, it looks silly to my eye, and it feels weird and often gets in the way of my pick.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
If someone was going to fake a Les Paul, they would probably fake a Gibson not an Epi. Do you have craigslist in the UK?