I recently bought a TS9DX, sounds great when I am playing but during like breaks or staccato sections the amp is very noisy, and I get lots of humming etc. To fix this I can turn off the TS then turn it back on again when I play again but it's a bit of a pain.

My noise supressor is on and cranked pretty high and it doesn't seem to help. Even if the guitar volume is on 0 I will still get lots of noise.

My amp is a 6505+ combo, I have the amp gain on 2. The TS I have set to the TS9+ mode, level around 11:00, drive at about 2:00 and tone at 12:00.

This is only an issue when playing loud (jamming, band practice and gigging although I havn't gigged with this setup yet) but it is still annoying.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I'll post my signal chain here in case I have made a mistake:

Guitar -> Wah -> TS9DX -> Boss NS2 -> Amp

FX send -> Boss GE7 -> Boss DD3 -> Boss NS2 -> Fx return
Last edited by Random3 at Oct 29, 2011,
What do you mean by dime it? Probably a stupid question -.-

Also what does putting the TS after the NS do exactly, as I understand it would mean the guitar signal is filtered through the NS, then boosted by the TS and then into the amp. Why would this be better than filtering the boosted signal from the guitar?
Dime it? Full throttle, to the max, etc.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Random3
What do you mean by dime it? Probably a stupid question -.-

Also what does putting the TS after the NS do exactly, as I understand it would mean the guitar signal is filtered through the NS, then boosted by the TS and then into the amp. Why would this be better than filtering the boosted signal from the guitar?

it will cut the noise form the guitar before it is distorted and compressed by the TS, and made uglier.
Ideally keep your NS first in line, then whatever comes before your preamp (OD, wah etc) then back to NS then amp. In my experience, this tends tow ork better. The NS was designed for gating pedals, not gating the amp IIRC?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 29, 2011,
^ that.

Also, what are your settings on the NS-2?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i thought od peddles were supposed to go in front of the amp not in the loop(i could just be confused on this entire discussion, i dont have a ns i have a decimator and i dont believe it has those in and outputs)
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
Quote by CodeMonk
Try the "X" configuration:

I do already

Although just out of curiosity, does it matter which of the two loops you use for what? Or does red HAVE to be guitar and blue HAVE to be loop, or are they identical.

Quote by Offworld92
Also, what are your settings on the NS-2?

I have decay on minimum and adjust the threshold depending on volume. Rarely needs to go higher than about 11:00.

Quote by Prestofly
i thought od peddles were supposed to go in front of the amp not in the loop

Correct, and mine is infront rather than in the loop.

And yes decimators don't have multiple ins and outs as far as I know.
Last edited by Random3 at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Random3
I do already

Although just out of curiosity, does it matter which of the two loops you use for what? Or does red HAVE to be guitar and blue HAVE to be loop, or are they identical.

It has to be set up EXACTLY the way it is in the picture. I used the X connection for a long time before ditching pedals, and I got some pretty ghastly results when I hooked it up wrong.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It has to be set up EXACTLY the way it is in the picture. I used the X connection for a long time before ditching pedals, and I got some pretty ghastly results when I hooked it up wrong.

Hmm interesting, I realised I have pretty much only played using the two loops the other way round...

Anyway, I have tried out some of the ideas people have suggested and it has fixed my problem for me.

Thanks!