I need help finding a good cheap usb interface for use with amplitube. my budget is under $100US and its going to be used with bass.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
i might be able to squeeze in a bit more but i found one for 60 called the lexicon alpha. any thoughts on this one?
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by summerson1
i might be able to squeeze in a bit more but i found one for 60 called the lexicon alpha. any thoughts on this one?

One of my friends had a Lexicon interface once. He had a lot of problems with it. I'm not going to make any sort of judgement on it as i've never used it. I'll leave that to someone else to reply to.
I've heard some good things about the Alesis IO2 Express. You can check that out if you want.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
For the most part, with interface, you get what you pay for. A decent starter interface is going to run you about $100 for just an instrument input. You can get cheaper, but I do not personally recommend it. If you ONLY want to record guitar/bass, the POD GX is a good place to start. If you think you might someday record an acoustic or some vocals, I'd start with a Fast Track MKII or better.

You just have to decide what kind of quality you want. If you don't give a crap about quality, look cheaper than what I recommended.
Save up and buy a Focusrite Scarlett or Saffire. Trust me, saving up and buying a better interface now will help you in the long run
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Fast-Track-USB-Interface/dp/B002QZ402Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320080393&sr=8-1

$98.18 (when I checked). I got this Fast Track USB 2 recently and it seems to be doing the job. It has input for guitar and mic. I am using it + my PC as my only amp right now and so far I have had no latency problems to speak of with it. I'm just learning all this myself, but here is my first test recording using this Fast Track + Peavey Revalver.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491353

If you're really on a budget there's some as low as $7-30. http://www.amazon.com/Interface-Recording-Variable-speed-Playback-Function/dp/B003U6EW5U/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1320080507&sr=1-5
Last edited by Elvin Presler at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by lockwolf
Save up and buy a Focusrite Scarlett or Saffire. Trust me, saving up and buying a better interface now will help you in the long run

+1, $50 more will get you a Focusrite Saffire 6 on eBay, which has much better preamps than anything in the $100 range. There's actually a B-Stock one on eBay right now at $76 and a used one at $135 BIN. You might be able to score a deal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
POD UX1 isn't bad. It's preamp isn't great, but the effects are a plus. ART Dual Pre is $70 and has a nice clean preamp with 2 XLR/1/4" inputs + phantom power. Other than these two, I'd say save up for some of the others that have been mentioned.