Sorry for being that guy, but I asked this question in another thread and no one helped me out in like 4 hours, so I decided to make a thread about it because I really want to get this done.

Anyways, I had to make this for a class (lame, yes), and I was wondering how I could make a background for the page that would match the sky/ground of the picture (as in make the entire window look like part of the picture), that wouldn't mess up the horizon level if the size of the user's monitor is different than mine? Does that make sense? Sorry if I'm dumb.

Anyone who helps me out will be added to my bro list.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Judging by your code that might be more of a Javascript question.

Can you, like, MSPaint what you want it to look like? Because I'm not totally sure that what I get is what you wanted because it's bigger than my screen vertically.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Maybe have the text not part of the picture, and just have it and the picture centered to the screen, maybe with <center> </center> tags or something like that, then have the bottom half of the page filled green and the top half filled with the same hex values?

I have no idea what the html code for this would look like though, it's never appealed to me.
<body background url=(imageurl) fixed center bottom; #HEXCOLOROFSKY>

Try that. It will keep the image bound to the bottom center of the monitor.

Actually, no. What you should do is make just an image for the ground. Like, solid green.

Then do <body background url=(imageurl) fixed left bottom no-repeat; #COLOROFSKY>

That will make it draw the sky color behind everything, and then draw the ground on top of that as an image.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
Maybe have the text not part of the picture, and just have it and the picture centered to the screen, maybe with <center> </center> tags or something like that, then have the bottom half of the page filled green and the top half filled with the same hex values?

That could be done pretty easily with CSS I believe. Haven't used the stuff in like 25 decades but I know I've done something like that before.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Judging by your code that might be more of a Javascript question.

Can you, like, MSPaint what you want it to look like? Because I'm not totally sure that what I get is what you wanted because it's bigger than my screen vertically.

Yeah, I was planning on resizing the picture itself too for the final version of it. But I wanted a background image so that there's no white space on the page, but it just appears like an extension of the picture. Basically I want it to make an image that is just half blue and green (so it looks like the sky and the grass) that lines up exactly no matter what screen size it's viewed on.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Hello there Kyle Lushell. I'd like to play a game.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
Hello there Kyle Lushell. I'd like to play a game.

Psh I've had my twitter linked in my sig forever, yous guys just never went to it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
Psh I've had my twitter linked in my sig forever, yous guys just never went to it.

Link me up bro. I'll follow you if I'm not already
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Dirge Humani

Actually, no. What you should do is make just an image for the ground. Like, solid green.

Then do <body background url=(imageurl) fixed left bottom no-repeat; #COLOROFSKY>

That will make it draw the sky color behind everything, and then draw the ground on top of that as an image.

I kinda understand this and kinda don't. Would I have to make the green picture a certain size to compensate, and how do I make it know exactly where to start?

Quote by bluekirby7
Link me up bro. I'll follow you if I'm not already

Check the user title, then think about it real hard. Also, I already just followed you so it doesn't really matter.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at Oct 29, 2011,
Yeah, just make it a certain size. Like if I were to take this image

And do <body background url="http://i43.tinypic.com/es0wnd.png" fixed left bottom no-repeat; #00BFFF>

It would draw sky blue on the whole page, and then green on the bottom 384 pixels. 768 vertical resolution is still the safest bet for monitor resolution when designing pages, so it would be safe to assume it would be half the page. The "fixed" tag would make it scroll kind of oddly, though.
Yeah, just make it a certain size. Like if I were to take this image

[IMG

And do <body background url="http://i43.tinypic.com/es0wnd.png" fixed left bottom no-repeat; #00BFFF>

It would draw sky blue on the whole page, and then green on the bottom 384 pixels. 768 vertical resolution is still the safest bet for monitor resolution when designing pages, so it would be safe to assume it would be half the page.
Ok that makes sense. I'll try that when I get back around to it. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder