weird shit, first time that the low E broke.
i was just playing, and then it did a weird sound, and then i saw the low e sliced or something like that, near my pickups, now i have a guitar without the 6th string :O
by the way i'm using 10-46 set... it's like 3 months old, elixir.

someone ?
Last edited by RIP-Dimebag at Oct 29, 2011,
shit happens bro
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
yeah dude it's ****ing crazy but well.. so should i change the whole set or put a new E string .. ?
Ye shit happens! my friend broke the low e on his bass, then he did it again after restringing it haha
I usually spend about a month putting off changing the broken string, and I pretend it's a "challenge" and I use different tunings. So theres some fun to be had there...

But I would change the whole set if you are going to change one string, unless you have a single spare. It's just easier, and where one is broken another is surely close.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
i higly recommend to change all the strings, and then have the old strings as a backup, in case you broke another and you cant buy a new set
me too i use alot of different tunings... so i'll change the whole set.. thanks alot everyone
if your low e sring breaks and not from tuning it wrong

it probaably means that the others arent far behind

it happens (i used a metal pick once and broke like two string when i strummed just a bit too hard)
Quote by supersac
if your low e sring breaks and not from tuning it wrong

it probaably means that the others arent far behind

it happens (i used a metal pick once and broke like two string when i strummed just a bit too hard)

you know, i actually did played pretty hard when it happend xD using a jim dunlop jazz 3 pick
Similar thing happened to me just yesterday.

Brand new set of EB 11-48 and snapped the low E

I tried to string it using the locking method and i underestimated the amount of string i needed around the peg. String was kinked, tried again, string broke and unzipped itself.
Now i have 5 brand new, perfectly good strings and i can't use them.

My nearest guitar store doesn't have a 48 string on its own. I had to buy 2 brand new sets (the other as a backup).

Hard luck i guess.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Similar thing happened to me just yesterday.

Brand new set of EB 11-48 and snapped the low E

I tried to string it using the locking method and i underestimated the amount of string i needed around the peg. String was kinked, tried again, string broke and unzipped itself.
Now i have 5 brand new, perfectly good strings and i can't use them.

My nearest guitar store doesn't have a 48 string on its own. I had to buy 2 brand new sets (the other as a backup).

Hard luck i guess.

yeah man. i've been playing for 8 months now, so this weird situations are kinda new to me.
Quote by RiseTheFallen
Ye shit happens! my friend broke the low e on his bass, then he did it again after restringing it haha

You need a saw to cut the low e string on bass!!!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Just get a new set. 3 months is a long time, even with Elixirs. If your E string broke, the others probably aren't in too good shape.