Page 1 of 2
...as it inevitably will, what would you do? Try to survive as long as possible? Wait for the impending doom? This situation will really happen if humans are still living on earth when the sun comes to the end of its life. This is an apocolypse scenario that is worth thinking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun#Life_cycle

The Sun does not have enough mass to explode as a supernova. Instead, in about 5 billion years, it will enter a red giant phase, its outer layers expanding as the hydrogen fuel in the core is consumed and the core contracts and heats up. Helium fusion will begin when the core temperature reaches around 100 million K and will produce carbon, entering the asymptotic giant branch phase.[29]

Earth's fate is precarious. As a red giant, the Sun will have a maximum radius beyond the Earth's current orbit, 1 AU (1.5×1011 m), 250 times the present radius of the Sun.[94] However, by the time it is an asymptotic giant branch star, the Sun will have lost roughly 30% of its present mass due to a stellar wind, so the orbits of the planets will move outward. If it were only for this, Earth would probably be spared, but new research suggests that Earth will be swallowed by the Sun owing to tidal interactions.[94] Even if Earth would escape incineration in the Sun, still all its water will be boiled away and most of its atmosphere would escape into space.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Oct 29, 2011,
Masturbate and listen to Protest.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Woffelz
Sit in a fridge?

****ING GENIUS.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Mole people.

The people of the future.

Quote by Dirge Humani
There is such an impossibly small chance that I, or even my skeleton, will exist by then that I don't care at all.

And this as well. Solar expansion comprehension fail.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Supposing this is all hypothetical?

No. He means that it'll happen in the far future
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Oct 29, 2011,
I'm surprised nobody said they'd do some weed or hallucinogenic drugs and enjoy the show.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'll be surprised if we make it five hundred more years, let alone five billion...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If it happened in our lifetime? Burn.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Act like a zombie and go around eating people.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Article
In about 5 billion years, it will enter a red giant phase

5 billion years is quite a long time. In fact, life on earth hasn't been around for 5 billion years, seems kind of unlikely that mankind will still be prancing about when the sun engulfs (or fries) the earth.
REGGIE
I'll be dead along with the rest the people who view this thread, who run this website and host this website.
Quote by behind_you
No. He means that it'll happen in the far future

that was just an awful post.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by behind_you
Raping spree

+1 for honesty.

Also, do some crack, weed & LSD and see what it looks like.
Quote by So-Cal
I don't think

we are going

to last

that long.

why are

you posting

in this

manner So-Cal?

If you

don't mind

me asking.
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
why are

you posting

in this

manner So-Cal?

If you

don't mind

me asking.

because

i am

so deep
Wouldn't be at all surprised if there were humans living far away from earth by this point (if they're still around by this point). Six billion years is a long time... >_>
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by So-Cal
because

i am

so deep

Okay but

i reckon you

just wish you

were

tortilla.

OT: I'd kill myself if it got too bad.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

If it would happen right now, I'd **** any woman that's a 9/10 I'd find.

I'd have 2 minutes to get to the nearest club (achievable) and 6 minutes to find a 9/10 and have sex with her.

And about 40 seconds to spare
Why worry about the sun when 2012 is the last year on the calender?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Page 1 of 2