I was messing around with the settings on my amp i have for now and i wrote some riffs so i wanted to try them, i play pop/hardcore punk so i want a high distortion gain sound but my power chords are not very noticeable tone wise. i have settings like British and US, I had the one setting on British and it made my chords brighter sounding without losing the heavy edge but it sounded vintage and i do not like that. What can i do to make my power chords not just sound all the same, for example i was playing half a step down with the notes on the low e and a, i was playing
9 7 5
7 5 3 and then from the first chord to the third and that was the only time i could really tell i was switching chords.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Learn how to experiment for yourself. It's not too hard to sit and twist knobs.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
What you really need is a new fog machine
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
use less gain.i know not what you wanted to hear but it's the truth. if you don't want your chords to mush up and not have much tone about them then that is the answer. if you've done any recording then you may have noticed that you need far less distortion than you think. if you haven't then believe me this is the case. you need to find the sweet spot on your amp where the tone is still there, the individual notes ring and still have some bite and sustain.
/\ Agreed.
Sounds like gain is the problem.
Last edited by rat jazz at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Supercolio
Behr-
New amp.

As soon as i get the money i am buying a marshal/bohgner head and a marshal 1960a 2x12 cab
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Use less gain, add some reverb to thicken up the sound, and most of all, don’t use a modeling amp for distorted rock.
Quote by Cloudkicker
As soon as i get the money i am buying a marshal/bohgner head and a marshal 1960a 2x12 cab

What you really need is money.......

then you won't have this problem.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?