They're Elixirs and I just broke a high e string. I was practicing one of Marty Friedman's solos in Holy Wars (which has a lot of bends on the high e string) and it broke on me. I don't even think it should have broken right now because I think it's been only two weeks since I bought the set of Elixirs. I sweat a lot but isn't the coating on the Elixirs supposed to keep them smooth and less prone to breaking?

Also the Elixirs I use are .010s.
I think you have a sharp edge somewhere on your guitar. Try to locate the spot where the string breaks. Generally,most of the time the strings would break at the bridge, means you either have too steep angle or the bridge saddle is too sharp.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It doesn't break on the bridge it breaks where I'm playing it. I can tell because I always feel the string break beneath my fingers.
Maybe a sharp saddle. File it smooth, then re-intonate.
EDIT:Sorry, didnt saw the previous post. Nevermind.
Standard tuning? If the string is breaking right at your fingers, then you're either bending too far, or tuned high.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Or maybe your frets are rough. Its possible that they could need a fret dressing.

I second this. I had to do this to my RG Prestige, because after awhile of bending my strings (a long while, mind you) it wore down some frets 13th+, to the point where the frets were actually sharpened on one edge. I'd call for a fret dress if this is happening.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Standard tuning? If the string is breaking right at your fingers, then you're either bending too far, or tuned high.

Yeah I'm in standard tuning and my teacher said that I should get the frets checked out.
Wrong thread. I gotta learn to double check my tabs before I post...
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 30, 2011,