Hey guys,

I want to use my pod xt as the preamp for my recto (so I'd be using it as a poweramp). How exactly would I hook this up? I sort of have an idea but I'm paranoid of ****ing something up.

Cheers for the help!
Quote by Tyler.Allain
What sorts of ins and outs do you have on your recto? If it just has a standard FX loop then I don't think you can have your signal chain not include your amps build in preamp.

Edit: Also why do you want to use your pod as your preamp? Why not just put it in the FX loop? I can't imagine you getting good results doing what you are trying to do.

To see how accurate the recto sim is through the power section of a real recto

I'm also selling the head and moving to a completely solid state setup, either with an AFX or HD500 into a QSC12.

Quote by darkwolf291
Preamp out into the FX loop in/return.
That will bypass the preamp, using only the poweramp.

Thanks man!
Quote by darkwolf291
Preamp out into the FX loop in/return.
That will bypass the preamp, using only the poweramp.

This

PS. You do realise that the power amp that Fractal sell to go with the Axe-FX is a tube amp don't you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 29, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
This

PS. You do realise that the power amp that Fractal sell to go with the Axe-FX is a tube amp don't you?

You do realize cliff himself uses a Carvin SS power amp right?
Into the FX return as stated above. It pains me, though, to see the rich tone of a recto bypassed for bees-in-a-tin-can Line 6 tone.
cliff chase ring a bell?
the bald headed woman behind axe fx
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by NosralTserrof
Aw man, you don't know Cliff?

Cliff Jones?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
What sorts of ins and outs do you have on your recto? If it just has a standard FX loop then I don't think you can have your signal chain not include your amps build in preamp.

Edit: Also why do you want to use your pod as your preamp? Why not just put it in the FX loop? I can't imagine you getting good results doing what you are trying to do.

Most better modellers usually sound pretty good through a tube amps FX return. I know a guy who runs his X3 through a Fender Twin's FX return.

Quote by TheMetalRiffer
Into the FX return as stated above. It pains me, though, to see the rich tone of a recto bypassed for bees-in-a-tin-can Line 6 tone.

The Spiders suck. And the Tonecore pedals. The POD/Vetta/Flextone/DT are actually pretty darn good amps/pedals.

Quote by Cathbard
This

Its still FRFR though, essentially a loud maker. Doesnt color the tone like a regular tube poweramp.

Quote by deepsal
cliff chase ring a bell?
the bald headed woman behind axe fx

Min's trolling. He, MC and cathbard together prolly know more about amps and racks than the rest of UG put together. And MC is an Axe dealer to boot
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 30, 2011,
Quote by Blompcube
Cliff Jones?

Quote by Wikipedia
Cliff Jones (born 1968, London) is a British musician, songwriter, record producer and journalist who came to prominence as the singer with the Britpop band Gay Dad.

Interesting....
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON