Hello guys, first post here:-D

i'm trying to decide what amp to buy.. i'm kind a beginner..well i live in my friends house.. Looking for a small practice amp under $200 budgets..

This is my first time to buy a new amp ,and I have no idea which amps are good for me...

I play blues/Indie style like a mellow and warm clean sound and funky style..I mostly dont like hard metal sound,,,,

im thinking of getting either Marshall mg15fx or Orange crush pix cr20ldx
and i cant decide !!

For me , orange amp seems better than marshall just because of that design..lol
and also i heard that orange has a really warm and nice clean tone..

the only thing that i worried about orange amp is 20watts looks little bit loud for my room....is it really true?

there are many sound differences between those models???

Anyone with any experience of any of these amps get stuck in! Anyone with any other recommendations get stuck in too!

oh i forgot to mention about my guitar. i use unknown guitar...brand name is Samick
i just got itt from my friends gaurage and ive setted up this guitar by myself...
im working hard to buy a new gear lol

i hope u guys understand my bad English...Im a ESL student lol..

Cheers guys!
Neither. They both sound pretty bad compared to what you can get for the same price. Get a Vox VT
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Vox VT or Fender Vibro Champ XD
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Well i've tried both of these and really there not that great. What you have heard in terms of tone regarding these amps is based on the tube versions. These are solid state versions and to most ears sound appauling. May i suggest a Roland cube . You could probably pick one of these upfor your budget and sound they excellent for the price. I have tried all three and i liked the cube better personally.
What kind of music do you play?

For a beginner I honestly don't recommend getting a tube amp and there's no need to buy used if your going to be a bedroom player.

As mentioned above: Vibro Champ XD(tube but it has effects), vox vt, fender mustang, roland cube, peavey vypyr, etc.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
fender mustang would be my recommendation. it will give you the most bang of your buck and has a really nice tone plus a lot of cool effects built in. it also comes with free software to connect it to your computer and access all of the effects right from your computer

http://www.fender.com/products/mustang
Quote by redandwhite12
May i suggest a Roland cube .

This.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Your best bet is to go to a shop and try them all, as many as you can find then make a choice. There's such a wide variety and one mans taste isn't always anothers.

As you can see from the posts so far lol
Quote by andrerist
fender mustang

To prevent the mustang vs vox vs vypyr vs cube argument, TS should go try them out himself and decide for himself. They essentially do the same thing and have similar effects.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Twidler
Your best bet is to go to a shop and try them all, as many as you can find then make a choice. There's such a wide variety and one mans taste isn't always anothers.

As you can see from the posts so far lol

haha i totally agree about that lol
Like it's been said already, shop around and find what you like. If it was me, I'd probably go for a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Vox VT20+ or Roland Cube.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Cube, cube, cube. I suggest Cube 30x, I have one and use it daily, even though I have played guitar for 6 years :3
"You can't play fast unless you play slow"
I agree with most of the suggestions so far. Cube, Vyper, Super Champ XD, Vox VT; go try them all and see which one you like best. I'd avoid the Marshall MG series, Line 6 Spider series, and Orange Crush series because I just have never been able to coax a good sound out of them.

Also, 20 watts solid state will be fine for a bedroom. It's really only with tube amps that they have to be cranked to sound best; solid states will sound pretty close to the same at all volumes so wattage shouldn't worry you too much.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by WtrPlyr
wait what? Aren't bedroom players allowed to save money?

Hmm...never thought of it like that

OK then....

Quote by JKHC
there's no need to buy used if your going to be a bedroom player unless you want to save some money

fixed
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
i got excited by the title, thought i was gonna say Rocker 30 instead of a JCM 800...

mojostompboxes.com
Quote by ysdfta
Neither. They both sound pretty bad compared to what you can get for the same price. Get a Vox VT

JESUS CHRIST THEY'RE SENTIENT NOW!!!!!

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack

I woke up this morning and my girlfriend was making eggs... Then she asked me if I was interested in super fantastic discounts on Louie Vatton luggage and I realized it was an adbot.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I woke up this morning and my girlfriend was making eggs... Then she asked me if I was interested in super fantastic discounts on Louie Vatton luggage and I realized it was an adbot.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack

I'm really confused. Where did you get this from?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I'm really confused. Where did you get this from?

Spam bot post that a mod deleted.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Spam bot post that a mod deleted.

Ok. Got scared for a minute. Assholes copying my shit.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'd go with a Roland Cube.

(I was also disappointed as I too was hoping it was between something like an Orange Rockerverb and something like a Marshall JCM800 ^^)
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.