I have a Gibson Les Paul Trad, 10-46 gauge strings.

Ive been using Medium gauge picks since I began playing.

I found some really cool slash titled picks which are Medium to Heavy, about .75-.80mm

How much of a difference can I expect when playing if I make this change from picks, as I've NEVER used any different ones.

I play mainly unplugged.

Ty.
well it depends on what you play and what you are having problems with. for example two years ago i was learning alternate picking and i felt it did not work at all, so i went to the local guitar store and bought a bunch of different picks, after trying them out the one that felt better was the ibanez paul gilbert pick so i sticked with that one.

oh and thanks!
Quote by tappooh
well it depends on what you play and what you are having problems with. for example two years ago i was learning alternate picking and i felt it did not work at all, so i went to the local guitar store and bought a bunch of different picks, after trying them out the one that felt better was the ibanez paul gilbert pick so i sticked with that one.

oh and thanks!

That's fair enough, what gauge was it?
Hey, man, may not be our style but I really dig Black Ice picks. They're really small and thick. Great for jazz, or whatever really.
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Quote by Thrakellica
dude you're a sick guitarist!

I second that notion, just watched the Siege Engine cover. Good God I wish I could play like that...

And yes, I find picks do make a huge difference. Sometimes I just can't stand playing simply because I'm using a pick I'm not used to.
West Ham United
i play with snarling dog brain picks. they come in all thicknesses and have a textured grip on them. I play with 1.14 m thickness picks and they are really good for pinch harmonics and really digging into the strings and chugging. I find that thinner picks are better suited for strumming chords and more rhythm based work.
Buy a few and try them?

I use Dunlop Tortex .88 picks, fender heavy picks and (for strumming) the cheap red ones you get at GC for free.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Buy a few and try them?

This, really.

I use Jazz 3 XLs, the signature James Hetfield Black Fang picks, and some Dunlop pointy green pick.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
all personal preference. i've used MANY. I play metal, and have tried anything from .51mm - 2.15. I really like the dunlop alligator purple(.96), and the light blue alligator(1.14). i find them good for tremolo picking, palm muting, pinch harmonics, etc.
I really like the Fender heavy (the tortoiseshell ones) picks for some reason. They just feel right for me, although I do use Dunlops that are around 1.18mm thick sometimes.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.