Without looking at their price tags, which one would you recommend? I played the Super Champ and I think it suits me. I haven't tried the AC15C1 but is it worth the extra cash?
Sigh...

What do you play? They're quite different amps...

Gigging? Home use?

Come on, what are we supposed to do with that information?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I mostly play sounds that are clean mixed with some of overdrive and distortion. Sometimes I would play completely clean and sometimes pretty distorted, but nothing close to high gain sounds heard in speed/heavy metal. I just watched some demos on the AC15C1 and I also like its warm and fuzzy tone, but then I think the Super Champ should be more versatile since its a modeling amp.
AC15 has much warmer overdrive IMO, to get a nice clean you'd have to roll off the volume on your guitar then crank it back when you want overdrive.

Super Champ is great but I like the AC15 a lot more and think it'd suit what you're after a lot better.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
AC15>Super Champ
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
lol thank you for your clear responses. The Vox is the way to go then.
From your description it sounds like you'd want the SCXD. To get as wide a range of tones with the Vox you'll need to add pedals. The Vox has a larger cab and bigger speaker. That's an advantage. Why limit yourself to those two?

Since the biggest reason to get the SCXD (cost aside as you said) is for the voicing and FX why are you considering the Vox. We can't determine where your priorities lie it's hard to decide for you.
I really only get attracted by the Fender because I believe it probably would be more interesting to mess around with (16 different voices). But then I am really attracted to the single voice offered by the Vox and I am not sure if I'll be hooked by all the voices of the Fender in the long run. Maybe for a short while when I am still exploring the amp :s
I have a SCXD and think that it's a great sounding amp, especially when you jack it into a bigger cab. The big attraction is the combination of good tone and multiple voices all in a single package. That said my main gear I use is multifx and pedals into an all tube amp.

But if I was told I could just have a single amp and no pedals the SCXD would be a good choice in the sub $500 price range.