I've got a 212 laying around with 4 ohm speakers wired in series that I want to run my Randall combo through. The amp says '4 ohms' and the speaker that's in it is stock and it's 8 ohms. Can I run the 212 as it is or can I only use one speaker?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
If its wired in series your cab should be at 4 ohms, is the amp ss or is it tube and does the external speaker jack cut off the internal speaker of the combo?
The amp is SS, it's a pre-Washburn Randall RG150. The internal speaker actually uses the jack that I'm going to run it from.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
ok you will be fine its telling you the max output at for ohms then on ss amps ohms aren't to much of a concern like they are with a tube amp
Quote by moosejr
If its wired in series your cab should be at 4 ohms, is the amp ss or is it tube and does the external speaker jack cut off the internal speaker of the combo?

If the two speakers are wired in series then the cab total is 8 ohms. Set the amp to 8

Words to live by:

For Solid State Amps:
Amp Head Ohms > Cab Ohms = Broken amp
Amp Head Ohms < Cab Ohms = Power change, no strain