Hi, I am wondering a few things. I am new to some things and dont know anything about mixers and recorders pretty much, but I am planning on getting one some time soon and I have a few questions

This is for those new USB mixers. So many mixers claim they could record via usb interface which seems very helpful, but I am wondering if that is the case, would I be able to usually record a whole band onto a computer from the usb in the mixer? i dont really know how to find out because as i said, im inexperienced with that stuff, but if anyone knows what kind of specs or descriptions i should look for or if anyone knows please answer my question
if you are recording a song with mutliple instuments then record drums first alone. then record bass guitar. then rhythm, then lead. Then add any singing. do them all independently. most songs are recorded this way now a days. some bands still record live though (theyall play at once to a series of mics.

also your usb will default to your motherboard sound controls. make sure you direct it to be operated by your soundcard.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Quote by ThatDarnDavid
if you are recording a song with mutliple instuments then record drums first alone. then record bass guitar. then rhythm, then lead. Then add any singing. do them all independently. most songs are recorded this way now a days. some bands still record live though (theyall play at once to a series of mics.

also your usb will default to your motherboard sound controls. make sure you direct it to be operated by your soundcard.

so, i would typically not be able to plug in and record instruments as well as mics at the same time?
well yeah. you should be able to plug all those things in and record them all at the same time.
Si