Purchasing Everything Except Guitars/Amp. I play blues, classic rock, Hard Rock, Experimental rock, Funk, etc.

Guitars- Epi Dot (Duncan Pickups), Samick IC-2 (Duncans), Epi Les Paul Custom, Fender American Strat

-Everything Powered by Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner

Amp- Bugera V22 Combo (El84/12ax7 Tubes)
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 (Head)

Cabinet- Kustom KG412 4x12

Pedals in Fx Loop-

DeltaLab RD1 Rock Distortion
Rouge Blues
Seymour Duncan SFX-09 Double Back Compressor
Rocktron Short Timer Retro Delay
Rouge Chorus

Pedals Straight To Input-

VHT V-Drive Overdrive
Rocktron Tri Wah

Do you think these pedals will fit well with my style? I have $600 for pedals. Then $250-300 for a Cab. lastly, I'm looking at a new Tube Head. Options Are:

Bugera V55 HD
Randall Diavlo Series RD50H (Switched to KT88 Power Tubes)

Anyone wanna let me know your opinion?

P.s. I play live to Med-Large Venues
-Jake Blackwood
Last edited by guitar351 at Oct 30, 2011,
V55 can do old metal if you watch Dingle video on youtube.

Diavlo has nice clean channel, but only one set of eq. With the gain all the ways up on the clean channel and boosted, you can get a nice baaaaooooo sound from it.
It can do high speed crunch with el34, but I have 6l6 in it right now. I thought the cleans were boxy with the el34, but am considering changing it back to a drive amp again.
Similar to the Tweaker, it is very easy to change tubes on.
Tweaker has more bass on brit setting, Diavlo has more gain.

I am experimenting with a Morley ABC right now.

I would consider a Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive also.
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
Im also considering the Peavey Windsor but it only has 1 channel :/
-Jake Blackwood
if you are running a tube amp then you probably don't need the distortion pedal. the bugera can do blues and rock by itself just fine. an overdrive will push into the heavier stuff.(puttting a distortion pedal into the loop is a bad idea) you might want to consider a peavey valveking as that will do far more of the stuff you mentioned by itself.

not familiar with most of the other pedals you mentioned however for a short delay you might want to consider the Deltalab delay. only goes to 325ms but has a very warm sound and does very well for short delays (i use one to fatten up my leads)

i'd consider putting more money into the amp and less into pedals. a good amp will negate the need for some of them and you don't need $600 worth of pedals to get most of the styles you mentioned covered.
I do Studio Work for local bands so i need a variety of pedals for it. Its a complicated situation. But Basically I'm looking for eventually 3 New Tube Heads, 1 Tube Combo, and a variety of cabs. I also want to build up a huge assortment of pedals and guitars (I have 11 guitars right now)
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
I do Studio Work for local bands so i need a variety of pedals for it. Its a complicated situation. But Basically I'm looking for eventually 3 New Tube Heads, 1 Tube Combo, and a variety of cabs. I also want to build up a huge assortment of pedals and guitars (I have 11 guitars right now)

well i'd be looking at quality over quantity in that situation. doesn't the studio have rack fx? i'd think alot harder about trying to get a good all purpose amp that is studio quality instead of a bunch of different ones. think Mesa MKV. i'd also be thinking about studio quality fx as well. as for a bunch of guitars well if the 11 you have don't cover it then i dunno. seems like overkill to me. i'd think that a good strat, tele, les paul and a shred/metal style axe would be sufficiant for most studio work. for effects you might want to consider a higher end multi-fx radk unit.
Just my two cents, if you're doing studio work and need versatility, look into a Line 6 M13. Any effect you could possibly need, and stupidly easy to use.

Also, IMO, dirt pedals and compressors don't sound as good in the loop.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yea, youre best bet is to probably save for a very versatile head and cab (or combo) and use that.

if you go with mesa theres the roadster and mark 5 which are both crazy versatile. theres also the roadking but thats usually overkill.

and something like an M13 or M9 will be fine for effects. IMO ofc
Wait a second, is this for you, or for the studio?

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals