I'll be upgrading my amp after Xmas, and after a bit of researching, i ended up with this (i did browsed on local used site, nothing inetresting really) :
Used Peavey Valveking 112, 319,99$
Pro: Two channel, lot of headroom.
Con: Maybe too loud, i wont have a dime after purchase.

Used Jet City Amplification JCA2112RC, 223,99$
Pro: A hundred buck cheaper then the VK, better sounding according to UG, a hundred buck more for pedals.
Con: Maybe not loud enough, only one channel.

My main playing style is hard rock, some metal, some clean stuff. My questions were:
1.Which should I get?
2.If i get the JCA, what pedals should I get? I play a lot of songs in wich I have to switch from clean to distortion, so i really cant always go back to play with the amp.
3. Does the JCA have a FX loop?

I'm playin with a drum, and my 15w shitty modeler cant make it :/ I'll also be gigging from next March.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Oct 30, 2011,
the valveking has a volume knob and IMO sounds better ( at least the head.. )

never tested any JCA, though

Just get the Valveking imo..

still: 20Watts is loud, if you ask me....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Oct 30, 2011,
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 30, 2011,
Also, i forgot to mention that i can try the JCA, but not the valveking. And I'll be able to purchase the JCA sooner, because I have to sell my current amp ASAP, and my band is mad at me for doing this because we wont be able to jam until Xmas. Oh well.
In the end, the question is: Can I have a distortion pedal and a boost, for under 100$, that will sound better then the VK's lead channel? I was considering the JCA Afterburner. Any tought?

Edit: to above: Thanks for the links, but I really cant afford a head+cab, since the total must not cost more then 330$ or so...
Willing to go used?

Where abouts are you located? I'll help you look for some deals used.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Montreal area, nut as i said, i did looked and i didnt found anything really interesting...
But if you cheked the link in the first post, you'd knew i was going used :P
Thanks , since i'm playing mostly hard rock an metal, what are good pedals i can get? I thaugt of a modded ds-1 and something else to boost into metal
What's your overall budget?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
wait...$100? you have ~$300 and $200 amps listed in the OP.

Did you mean $1000? I'm asking for the MAX you're willing to spend.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Max is about 300-320$ Amp+pedals. If i had the VK, i wouldnt have a dime after buying it, but it has onboard didtortion. Since i'll buy the jca, i have 100$ to spend on pedals because the jca doesnt have 2 channels.
Also, what sort of hard rock and metal are you playing? Metal can be considered Led Zepplin, or it could be considered Cannibal Corpse.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The tone i'm looking for is massive powerchords sound, like Three Days Grace. For the higher Gain sound would be something like the intro of Is This My Fate He Asked them by Stiory of the Year. I'm not a shredder, but i do some solos so an eventual boost would be a plus.
for those kind of tones (SOTY and such) the jca would be find with a decent od (you'll find several in the $50 range like the Bad monkey or the SD1 etc). use your volume knob to get clean tones or one of those cheap volume boxes you'll find on ebay. I would still recomend save up to get the two channel version though.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
I know, but i cant. I dont have a job, and even if i saved, with my weekly money, i would still be stuck with the spider in march .... This is why i was happy when i saw the JCA for 220$.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Nov 1, 2011,
Theres a used Bugera V22 on MF for 331.00$. Worth it over the 320$ VK 112? because altough i saw some good review of the bugera, all i see is 10$ morr for 18W less.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Nov 5, 2011,
the bugera is good for blues and maybe some clean rock, definately no metal..

Just get the valveking
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I just bought a Peavey Valveking and i personally would choose it over the Jet City it has great tone for metal which means you wont spend more than you planned to on pedals, and its better to be too loud than too quiet