hi guys i am having my fender srv strat set up, im putting 11-50 pure nickel string son it and setting the action to 7/64 would you say that is too high ?
Quote by FreddyStrat
hi guys i am having my fender srv strat set up, im putting 11-50 pure nickel string son it and setting the action to 7/64 would you say that is too high ?

Is that 7/64" on the bass side or on the treble side? A medium action is usually 3/32" (7/64") on the bass side and 2.5/32" (5/64") on the treble side. A lot of players like it even lower than that, with 2.5/32" (5/64") on the bass side and 2/32" (4/64") on the treble side being a common request. If it measure 7/64" bass side and tapers off to something around 6/64" on the treble side, then you're requesting a pretty common "high action." If it's 7/64" straight across then it might be a little uncomfortable, ymmv.

TL;DR: 7/64" is pretty high across the fretboard, but 7/64" bass side that goes down to 6/64 treble side might be comfy. It comes down to your taste.
and if he's a good tech he'll tweak it to your tastes (if needed) when you pick it up. Don't be afraid to mention something if you aren't happy with how it feels!