David Cameron has threatened to withhold UK aid from governments that do not reform legislation banning homosexuality.

The UK prime minister said he raised the issue with some of the states involved at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Perth, Australia.

Human rights reform in the Commonwealth was one issue that leaders failed to reach agreement on at the summit.

Mr Cameron says those receiving UK aid should "adhere to proper human rights".

Ending the bans on homosexuality was one of the recommendations of an internal report into the future relevance of the Commonwealth.

Mr Cameron's threat applies only to one type of bilateral aid known as general budget support, and would not reduce the overall amount of aid to any one country.

Malawi has already had some of its budget support suspended over concerns about its attitude to gay rights. Concerns have also been raised with the governments of Uganda and Ghana.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15511081

Good idea, populistic gesture, Cameron's subtle way of cutting down foreign expenses while still saving face? The cynic in me when it comes to the tories tell me they have something to gain from it, and it's not pretty. How abouts yous?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

... Cameron's ... face? ... it's not pretty.

Fixd. Cameron is a wank.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
bad idea
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Nice: I like the sounds of an idea like this

BL
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
The governments of these countries aren't really going to suffer that much though are they? Just the people that actually need the aid... meh.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Well that may not be true as I understand that some african goverments are terrible at dishing out aid to those who need it, too badly disorganised and corrupt.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Oct 30, 2011,
The 'aid' the UK sends over is swallowed immediately by the top 1% percent of their bureaucracy anyway. It doesn't matter that the people don't get the aid. They never did...

^ goddamn, y u ninja

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by isabiggles
The governments of these countries aren't really going to suffer that much though are they? Just the people that actually need the aid... meh.

This.
It's a nice concept, but it's just punishing the people of the country as a way of getting at the government. Which clearly isn't going to work, because for that to happen the government would have to give a shit about it's people to start with i.e. running a civilised country with human rights and basic food/water/shelter provided.
Quote by darkstar2466
The 'aid' the UK sends over is swallowed immediately by the top 1% percent of their bureaucracy anyway. It doesn't matter that the people don't get the aid. They never did...

^ goddamn, y u ninja

Good point but I doubt it'll make much difference anyway. It'll take a lot more than this to change things over there.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles