For those who have played both, is there any benefit to throwing the extra money for the Holy Grail Plus? I am looking to get the Holy Grail, but if the Plus is better, I may swing the extra money; just haven't got a chance to play it. Thanks!
I can't justify paying more than $150 on a guitar pedal. I really like the EHX Cathedral, but I won't spend that much.
If it'll be in front of an amp with no FX loop, the + is great. I have that in front of my Orange and having a wet/dry mix helps you keep the distortion from going to mush. If you are just putting it in an FX loop, save the money and get the regular one.

One very important piece of advice- use the included power supply. Don't put it on a daisy chain of any kind. It'll hum like crazy, and that's why tons of people here hate them because they didn't read/follow the instructions. It has to operate on its own supply and it will then be noise-free!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by stykerwolf
you can get better then those.
what's your maximum budget?

I agree. The EXH reverb offerings are pretty poor. The Hardwire Reverb and the TC Hall of Fame are both excellent, and in that price range.
Look into the Hardwire reverb, the Line 6 Verbzilla, and the Boss RV-5. All great options for within your budget (And you'd have a ton more options as far as different reverb sounds).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
i like the hermida audio reverb, last time i checked they were $100 new from the site.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you are only set on one of these definately go the +. sounded much better in every way. the regular holy grail is terribly noisy.

i would look at the TC Hall of fame or whatever it is called.
Yeah, I will look into the others mentioned. So far I am most impressed with the Cathedral by EHX, but I will research. I am looking for something that will give me a really etheral, ambient, psychedelic sound. I want a lush reverb that really lasts and has sustain.
Quote by Kozworth
Yeah, I will look into the others mentioned. So far I am most impressed with the Cathedral by EHX, but I will research. I am looking for something that will give me a really etheral, ambient, psychedelic sound. I want a lush reverb that really lasts and has sustain.

Just to throw another idea out there

http://www.ehx.com/products/freeze
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo