Checked out google lil bit seen SOME prices but lot of that was new, 1100 for used mesa dual rec head, that pretty ballpark? Or is that a good deal, been decidin if i wanna jump on it. What have you guys seen em go for i guess.

Btw, its from local shop i trust very much as far as condition.
I've never paid more than $900 for a stock Recto head. Max I'd ever pay is a grand, if it was in excellent condition. Go on one of the forums or eBay and get an older 2 channel for a good price
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What MClaw said,

I found a Triple for $800. Picked it up for a buddy. That is a great deal, but that is just an example of how low Rectos can get. Singles go for $700 a lot of the time and I haven't seen many Duals pass $900.
in my experience, the most ideal current used prices for rectos are as follows:

3 channel pre 2010: 800-900, no more than 1000

2 channel: 800-1100, maybe 1200 if its pristine

tremoverb: up to 1300. ideally below 1200 though

roadster: 1500-1600 youre doing great, although 1700 is more common

roadking: usually see them for 3000 which is way overpriced, 2000-2500 seems fair to me.

pre500, or any other super rare rectos, you can expect to pay 2000$ and up for.

thats all in USD though and most of it is what ive seen off of Ebay. I find kijiji and craigslist to usually have slightly higher prices
Quote by Seanthesheep
in my experience, the most ideal current used prices for rectos are as follows:

3 channel pre 2010: 800-900, no more than 1000

2 channel: 800-1100, maybe 1200 if its pristine

tremoverb: up to 1300. ideally below 1200 though

roadster: 1500-1600 youre doing great, although 1700 is more common

roadking: usually see them for 3000 which is way overpriced, 2000-2500 seems fair to me.

pre500, or any other super rare rectos, you can expect to pay 2000$ and up for.

thats all in USD though and most of it is what ive seen off of Ebay. I find kijiji and craigslist to usually have slightly higher prices

swear ive been on ebay a load and seen Roadkings for more like $2000....

but apart from that yeah that is the kind of price you expect, MClaw just has a habit of getting seriously good deals
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
you can buy a roadking brand new for $2750, so 3k is a bit high.

I sold a mint triple rec on ebay in a flight case for 1200 + $100 shipping. Case was sorta beat up, but the amp was flawless. All depends what people will pay. I'd say 1100 for a 3 channel is a tad high, but if it's coming from a store the prices will always be higher than a personal sale.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by jpatan
you can buy a roadking brand new for $2750, so 3k is a bit high.

+1. Most I've seen them go for used is ~$2400. It also depends on the version as well, the RKII goes for $2k+ and the RKI can be found for as little as $1600.

Also - I find the 3 channels sell for significantly more than the 2 channel do. I guess it depends on who's selling it, but I see a lot more 3 channels around $1100-1200 than I see 2 channels. And even if the 2 channel is that high, it will never sell that high unless the buyer is desperate to get his/her hands on one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Seanthesheep

I seriously doubt anyone is going to buy them for that price though.

I could put up my 5150 for $4000, doesn't mean anyone's going to buy it

I know prices in Canada are more expensive than in the US, but I'm unsure of the new price of the RK there. I still find it hard to believe that the average price for a Road King in Canada is $600 more than the top price in the US. Something's wonky there - You could buy one from the US and get it for much less than that, especially considering there's no customs fees on it, since they're made in the US.

Just a few days ago, a RKII halfstack sold on eBay in the US for $2285, including shipping. The combos are selling at $1600 or less and the heads are at $2000.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I bought my 97' 2ch. dual rec for $900 shipped with custom made roadcase just as an example.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
ok so not as good of a deal as i originally thought, though i didnt look too hard at used prices prior to seeing it, thanks for the input, i suppose ill hold off on it, they're going for like 1600 new at this place, so i figured 1100 sounded decent.
Offer 900 see if you get it cheaper. I mean shoot for like 1000 out the door with a warranty and a speaker cable or some shit like that if you really like it.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Used double rectos are like $2k USD equivalent here in Mexico... That's why I had to get someone buy me my new Royal Atlantic in the US, here it costs like almost $4k USD equivalent new, you guys are lucky...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by Perverockstar69
Used double rectos are like $2k USD equivalent here in Mexico... That's why I had to get someone buy me my new Royal Atlantic in the US, here it costs like almost $4k USD equivalent new, you guys are lucky...
They're made here, so ... For example, I spend $15/daily for 3 Mondo Burritos, WTF? I bet they're cheaper/better there.
Quote by MatrixClaw

I know prices in Canada are more expensive than in the US, but I'm unsure of the new price of the RK there. I still find it hard to believe that the average price for a Road King in Canada is $600 more than the top price in the US. Something's wonky there - You could buy one from the US and get it for much less than that, especially considering there's no customs fees on it, since they're made in the US.

We get bent over with no reach arounds here in Canada. Most the expensive things I buy are ordered in the US and shipped to a small border town. Nothing like seeing 50% mark ups on electronics and TVs.

See a 2ch dual recto + 1960a cab locally for $1200. Not that bad of a deal. Kind of tempted to see what he wants for the cab
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Ippon
They're made here, so ... For example, I spend $15/daily for 3 Mondo Burritos, WTF? I bet they're cheaper/better there.

I used to live in the US and I can assure you that food, medical and legal services are a lot cheaper around here, but "material" things (clothing, electronics, toys, etc...) are by far cheaper in the US.

But Mesa amps are wayyyy overpriced around here, you can get a high end Marshall or Fender for an ok price (Marshalls are made across the ocean).

Edit: You can get an used original vintage JCM800 in great shape for $1k USD equivalent.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Nov 1, 2011,
Quote by shinedown98
they're going for like 1600 new at this place, so i figured 1100 sounded decent.

Theres no place selling new dual recs for 1,600 Mesa has set prices
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Theres no place selling new dual recs for 1,600 Mesa has set prices

If they are the older 3 channels (not 2010), it's quite possible. I don't think Mesa mandates prices on discontinued, new gear.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
eBay has Dual and Triple Rectifiers go for $800 all the time. Sometimes $600. I missed out on one yesterday - it went for $610.

Just make sure you find out what year they are and if they have been re-tubed.
^What year production should we look for and why?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich