Is an effects loop send jack usable as a headphone jack? I had this idea, but i wanted to know if this is possible before plugging my headphones to prevent them from damage, since one of my friends plugged headphones in the line out or something like that, and they broke cause they obviously couldn't handle that much power...

thanks!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
No I do not think so effects loop is just to add effects into your rig that might alter your tone in a regular effects chain or add noise. Not all amps have a headphone out, It's mostly newer or practice amps what amp are you using? Use google and type (your amps name) + headphone out, then search
no, my amp has not got any headphone out. i was wondering if the effect loop send jack would do the trick since through it comes the sound of the amp, yet i think not at full output. i mean, instead of plugging a pedal, i would plug the headphones... would that wotk, or i would hear no noise, or break my headphones? this question comes from my amp not having a headphone jack...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Yea I know, but search on google your amp + headphones would be easier than waiting on someone to guess cause you haven't mentioned what amp you are using.

I don't mean to be rude, but their are a million people on hundreds of forums asking questions, usually a google search can shed some light, as well as emailing the amp manufacturer or reading their manual from the webpage if they have one. If all else fails (which maybe it has) ask on here, but you need to provide us with as much info as you can. A doctor can't operate blind, and we can't tell you to plug things into other things blind either.
well the amp is a fender m-80 bass 160 watts combo. it has no headphone jack, i googled it, and i couldn't get any info on this. does this help?
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
No, sorry, that won't work. Headphone's are rated at a very low wattage, and high impedance. And an effect loop won't work like that either.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Cool you got the M-80. Did you get them to take off any money when you bought it?

How do you like it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Cool you got the M-80. Did you get them to take off any money when you bought it?

How do you like it?

I'll make a nad thread between today and tomorrow, since i haven't got any time to do so (been playing ) and i'll tell you all the details... i must tell that it's been a great deal and sounds really good, with a distinctive tone, and good volume, even though it will be a while to try it side by side with drums to see if it is loud enough... i asume it is, though.
i don't know if i should do a review, since i won't be using it for live playing for a while (i need to learn how to play to do so ) but it has a lovely tone, and it is in perfect condition even though it has almost 20 years old, so indurability it would get a high mark...
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Alright since people are looking at this thread an he did get the fender M-80. Why do amp companies often call there amps something other than the wattage they have. m-80 is really 160 (x2) and theirs a lot of other amps such as the peavey 240 that are only 120? Is it just to fit a name like m-80 = firecracker?
Because it only has 16 watts when an extention cab is pluged in to in for a (most likely) 4 ohm load. The internal speaker is probably 8 ohms which would use roughly 1/2 the amps avalible power......80 watts.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Because it only has 16 watts when an extention cab is pluged in to in for a (most likely) 4 ohm load. The internal speaker is probably 8 ohms which would use roughly 1/2 the amps avalible power......80 watts.

this.

the majority of the amps has name that has to be either with the power or the speaker, for example Ampeg's Ba 115 i 1x15" speaker and i think it has 50 watts of power.

BTW Ampeg's combos are uber overpriced. anything on their priced range IS better sounding AND packs more wattage, don't you think?

oh, and nice thread jack...
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Last edited by Sudaka at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by Robbgnarly

still, the m-80 also comes in head format... has 160 watts... and it's still called m-80
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka

oh, and nice thread jack...

Are you talking to me?

If so I'm sorry you feel that way, your question was answered and I had one semi concerning your amp, it didn't warrant a thread so I asked here.

Otherwise sorry for thinking it was about me.
Quote by askrere
Are you talking to me?

If so I'm sorry you feel that way, your question was answered and I had one semi concerning your amp, it didn't warrant a thread so I asked here.

Otherwise sorry for thinking it was about me.

no worries, i just laughed at the way the thread turned up... i don't feel mad at it at all, i was just noting it, no big deal...

my question was asked and the fact that you remembered my quest for an amp is in fact a compliment, so please don't worry...

we bassist are so nice people

and yes, you may sig that
Quote by FatalGear41

Sterling Ray 35
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Last edited by Sudaka at Oct 31, 2011,