so last night i played one of the worst gigs of my life cause i was lied to about the availability of a pa system and power for our (not cool guys)

anyway so i usually just mic my bugera v22 and use that to get some sweet power tube distortion but yesterday as i played a gig outside without a pa system to mic the amp i was barely heard over the crowd and drummer and the other guitarist(i was heard over the bassist but thats not what you want when your playing lead)

so now instead of having to worry if the venue has usable power for a pa system i decided to get a louder amp(maybe 50-100 watts)

so anyway stuff you guys need to help me out easierly

-budget
im goign to save up for this amp if its worth it but i guess keep it around 800 american dollars

-genres

many different genres so versatility is important but if i had to give genres id go with
jazz,blues mostly so cleans are important and rock and metal but i dont need anywhere near enough gain for death metal

-new or used

which ever gets me a good amp at a decent price

-home or gig
gig for larger venues that i need to have cleans at loud volumes

-closest city
LA

-current gear
well for gigs i usually just use a wah pedal my v22 aand my acoustic ibanez or my rg

also i dont mind if its a combo or a head

thanks for any suggestions
Last edited by supersac at Oct 30, 2011,
Peavey Valveking perhaps. can cover the stuff you mentioned and with a speaker swap sound pretty good.
You could look at a Bugera 333XL, either 212 or half stack. I've got one and it does the job.
Howevere you will want to get it re-tubed and maybe want a speaker change if you really want (I just use mine at home with the stock speakers and it does the job for me!)

Edit to above post: I haven't played a valveking, but you should compare it with the 333XL. I believe they're very similar and in around the same price range.
Last edited by nathan:-) at Oct 30, 2011,
Carvin V3 combo would be a good choice, $900 new from Carvin. Or pick up a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade combo (50 or 100 watt) used, probably for around $800, really versatile and loud as hell. Both are also sold as heads but are less value if you want to maximise your budget.

If you don't mind Bugera, they make a few cheap heads that could probably satisfy your requirements and leave money left for a good cab. In fact they make a V55, if you really like your current V22.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/2674338785.html Get this cab, and get a Jet City Amps JCA50H.

The cab has WGS Veteran 30s, which are clones of Celestion Vintage 30s. Great speakers.

If you have $800 to spend, don't get a Valveking. I have one. A few years ago, they were pretty much the only decent amp for that money, but now you have so many more options.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
vypyr 120 tube and 2x12
b52 100 used
jca100 used or 50
randall rt50 used
get on sale too
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
I know this might sound dumb but if you are already happy with the sound of the V22 why not trade up and get the V55 Head? I think the only difference tonally will be the power tubes coupled with a decent 2*12 cab I think it would do quite well.
Last edited by ibanart300 at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by ibanart300
I know this might sound dumb but if you are already happy with the sound of the V22 why not trade up and get the V55 Head? I think the only difference tonally will be the power tubes coupled with a decent 2*12 cab I think it would do quite well.

while i do like how it sounds and all i think it would be boring to get the same amp i just got
ill probably keep my v22 for smaller gigs and home practice
Although I love my V3 and think it has great cleans, it is not the Carvin you would choose when the cleans are a huge part of your sound. The Carvin XV series runs cheap cause they aren't as known as the later model X100b. Both series are very close to being the same and both have amazing cleans and nice overdrives.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent