according to my wife its the last amp ill be buying for a while

anyway.
i picked up a B52 at 100 half stack on a trade for my electronic drum set that was getting beat up and i didnt use much anymore. so i traded straight up which was a good deal for me cuz the drum set was needing repairs and id rather have addictive drums or ez drummer (christmass ). so i got it home and i did have one tube redplate on me but i had already bought a matched quad of jj 6l6's for it. got it into the shop and picked it up yesterday. so yeah! here is the review

the amp is pretty solid and heavey as hell but overall im quite pleased with it. i like the fact that it has a master volume unlike the blue voodoo. so i can get good tones at even more reasonable volumes. its a 100w 3 channel head and like many people have said its the "poor mans recto". the condition of the head is pretty good only a few scuffs on the left side and thats it.

sound:
the thing sounds great. the cleans are very clear and ring out nicely not as sharp and trebly as the BV. i like the fact that it has a bright switch and a channel volume. i have already cranked the channel volume and kept the master low and the breakup is quite nice. kinda bluesy it can reach led zep tones quite easily
the 1st gain stage is my preferred gain stage. it has more of an "oompphh" if you will. it will most likely cut through better than the second gain stage. the second gain stage would be more of a rhythym channel for me if i even use it. there is a contour control for both gain stages that is selectable. i like mids in my sound so this helps with adding a nice boost. there are also volume controls for each channel which is nice. the rectifier selector is a nice feature it allows the user to switch from solid state to A+B(tube) and then tube rectification. i prefer solid state because its tighter. the other modes are nice too, im sure ill find a use for them but for my sound they are not my cup of tea.

overall this is a very nice addition to my amps. im not sure which amp will be my main amp and who will be the backup. only time will tell. overall im quite pleased with the whole thing and i got a new cab out of it too. i cant wait to start tracking songs with my band with both amps its gonna make a nice mix of tones.

i also traded my peavey cab for a telecaster so its been a productive "trading" month. anyway here are some pics
Attachments:
2amps1iheartgun.jpg
dosequis.jpg
family.jpg
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Happy last NAD (for now)!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Thanks man!
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

No other comments.....?

It looks pretty cool btw.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
could be worse, people could be talking shizz
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

No pics or NGD thread for the tele?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
thanks Izzy,
it looks like alot but its really not. i only actively use 3 of the pedals all the others are on and switched accordingly with the amp channel with the loop master.

oh and JHKC its just a squire tele with some upgrades nothing special. but if you guys want some pics ill get some.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

sure, from left to right is
PRS SE custom with emg81/85
ibanez rg7320z
Live Rig