I've got an ibanez with a mock floyd rose , I want to detune it to play lower tuned metal songs like laser cannon deth sentence and Grace but I don't have the know how to detune and rebalance my bridge, and the guys at the store don't really listen to my requests hahaha.
I've been looking around for a suitable pitch shifter and/or detuner, and not just a shit one that adds a chorus effect, which is what I sadly realised the Boss PS-5 did .

Can somebody tell me about a reliable pedal that can detune the SOLE sound of my guitar to about an octave or two down (One semitone or tone at a time) and not just add the detuned sound to my original guitar sound.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT PEDALS THAT ADD A DETUNED TONE TO THE ORIGINAL SOUND FOR A CHORUS EFFECT . If you do you are wasting time, mine and yours.
Thanks
Oh yeah, on a side note, im going to buy a schecter damien elite-8 crimson red sometime this year, sound good?
:/ from what i've heard all detuners are crap. is there no other shop you can go to around town or near by?
The Digitech Whammy can do it, but surely a better option would be to just replace the Edge III with an Edge Pro?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I think your best bet is to hardtail your bridge and just tune to whatever you want to tune to.
It's actually really simple and will probably osund better than any pedal you can buy.
NEW SIGNATURE!
The new Digitech Whammy (the Whammy DT) or the Morpheus Droptune. I have tried the Morpheus and it is great! but I would go for the Whammy it has more features, but it is $100 more.
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Hate to say it, but the PS-5 does that if you use it properly.

Anyways

Morpheus Drop Tune
Digitech Whammy
Morpheus Bomber
Behringer US600 (if you're on a budget)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
morpheus droptune ftw
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Get the Morpheus.
Droptune or Bomber. Bomber acts as a Whammy, but you can treat it just like the Downtuner AND/OR the Capo pedal Morpheus made.

It sounds the most natural. Formants are preserved and you can play polyphonic without any pitch shifter warbling.

I have to warn you though that it's expensive.
Quote by deepsal
morpheus droptune ftw

This
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
A Tremol-no will lock your bridge so it acts as a fixed bridge so you can drop tune.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Maybe learn how to set up your own guitar as well? Plenty of tutorials and videos on the interwebzzzz
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals