Hi everyone,
basically i'm doing an b-tech music course and as one of the things i will be examined on is me playing 3 songs in front of an audience, however it will only be me playing guitar and i'm having trouble finding songs which are only guitar. They can have a little bass or drums i'm sure i can add them in but it must be centred around guitar. I've only played for one year give or take im fairly okay i've done a couple covers, http://www.youtube.com/user/Ammarsscared?feature=mhee which you can check out here. But yeah id love some recommendations of the songs that fit the description and wasn't sure where else to go
thanks in advance, Ammar
"Glycerine" by Bush. Really easy song, all guitar and a little violin.
thanks bro, but i need something hard to show off so i can get a good grade and i need something without any singing cos i dont know how to sing :') thanks though that song is pretty kickass :')
Van Halen, eruption?
Last edited by Twidler at Oct 30, 2011,
Sparks by The Who.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
anything by blood red shoes
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

You could try some classical. Fur Elise or Greensleaves sound great alone with guitar, acousic or electric. You should start just playing the melody straight and then slowly start adding the frills/show off sort of things as you become comfortable
Do an acoustic arrangement of anything. Try the always played Classical Gas, maybe the Titanic Theme, shit like that. Or if you're playing an electric guitar, do Canon Rock haha. Very common songs, but better than nothing...
Quote by TechnicolorType
Erm.

There's no song in existence that has nothing but guitar in it.

eruption?

not exactly a structured piece but i'd still call it a song.
Quote by rickyj
eruption?

not exactly a structured piece but i'd still call it a song.
it isn't a song. xD
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Oct 30, 2011,
Quote by TechnicolorType
it isn't a song. xD

your not a song
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by TechnicolorType
Erm.

There's no song in existence that has nothing but guitar in it.

There are plenty of songs that have nothing but guitar in them.
Billy McLaughlin. All of his stuff is solo guitar.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Stevvie Ray vaughan does some really good guitar only stuff, I really like Lenny. But SRV might be a bit too difficult if you've only been playing a year.
I think Joe Perry has done some instrumental stuff, I heard one of them won an award.
But if you look around there's lots and lots of songs that are guitar only, I think you just need to know where to look.
Maybe try looking at stuff from just guitar players rather than full bands. like joe satriani, Joe Perry, SRV, steve vai etc.....
thanks people im going to do greensleeves, fur elise and im not sure what else hmm, and i have to use an electric so like songs where they tap the guitar(haha) for effect arent really in the question but thanks ill check out these solo artists and probably pick something from there
I'm with the guy that said fur elise! What about Romanza?
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

im doing fur elise soothsayer and i need one more thing id do greensleeves but its WAY to easy
The Bricklayers Beautiful Daughter. It's slower, but played faster it sounds really really cool