Well, I can't see the price on the second one, but SX guitars tend to have rather mixed reviews(Agile, which is another Rondo Music house brand, has a lot of praise and my buddy's Agile 8-string seems rather well-built, but I've heard mixed things about SX), and I would assume the latter is a Squier Affinity J-Bass from the link. I've played a good few Squiers in my time, and I can safely say that every Squier I've played has been a nice guitar for the money, they're rather well-built, sound nice(certainly better pickups than Epis in the price range) and for a $200(well, at least that's what the Affinities are around here) guitar you're getting a lot of bang for the buck.

You could probably do better with some other brand, and a starter pack might not be such a good idea(they're dirt-cheap for a reason), but I'd go with the Squier out of those two just to be safe.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
There isn't much discernible difference between the instruments, but the amp that comes with the squier is probably a ton better.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Stealing so many people's line right now, but you can get nicer gear for your money if you go used. But Rondos are surprisingly nice (I have a fretless that is pretty competent) and Squiers tend to be solid. I have no experience with SX amps, but Fender Rumbles are decent, for starters.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
The packs are nice, but better deals are to be had used. It is a good deal if you are new, but you've been here since 2009, and I assume already play guitar. Any pawn shop has a at least 2 affinity basses and several practice amps it's like a law of nature. While the packs are nice they are like new computers, full of bloatware. $300 + tax gets you a tuner/metronome, strap, book and cable. A pawn shop/craigslist (tax free!) scour and a keen bargain hunting sensibility will get you a nice bass and and amp easily under $250 and probably under $200. SO, it comes down to do you really want to pay $100-$150 for some shitty extras?

That money could go into a bigger amp, better bass, extra strings, a set up, future upgrades, pedals, cables, bag, hardcase all of much better quality.
Quote by askrere
The packs are nice, but better deals are to be had used. It is a good deal if you are new, but you've been here since 2009, and I assume already play guitar. Any pawn shop has a at least 2 affinity basses and several practice amps it's like a law of nature. While the packs are nice they are like new computers, full of bloatware. $300 + tax gets you a tuner/metronome, strap, book and cable. A pawn shop/craigslist (tax free!) scour and a keen bargain hunting sensibility will get you a nice bass and and amp easily under $250 and probably under $200. SO, it comes down to do you really want to pay $100-$150 for some shitty extras?

That money could go into a bigger amp, better bass, extra strings, a set up, future upgrades, pedals, cables, bag, hardcase all of much better quality.

This so much
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've had my SX Jaguar-bass copy for about five years now and absolutely love it. I also bought a fretless five string from Rondomusic and it was excellent. Definitely worth the ~$150 I paid for each of them.
All your base are belong to us.