I have an ESP F-250. For some reason, when I turn the volume knob the sound cuts in and out. So I opened up the back and turned the knob again, that is when I noticed that the entire casing that houses the knob and all its components was rotating slightly as well. I figured that was the problem, but I really don't want to mess around with it because I don't really know what I'm doing. Any suggestions on how to fix it without having to take it to a guitar shop?
Sounds like you need a new pot. Get a 500k CTS audio pot from Allparts.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
try taking off the knob and tightening the nut underneath
Quote by darkstar2466
You will get large cacti inserted into your anus for the heinous crime of piracy.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I wanna go down on you Jesus, I wanna feel your salvation all over my face

My signature lacks content.
It is, however, blue.
@mikeysteve
upon tightening the nut, the sound still cut in and out. so I took off the entire fixture (I still have all the wires connected!) and noticed that the knob piece that spins (don't know any technical terms) is, loose. It moves slightly and that is what is causing it to cut in and out. Any suggestions for that? I might have to do what stonyman65 says and get a new pot.