like the title said. I got a fender strat american and I need to change my strings. I don't wanna go to guitar shops because they are usually more expensive.
any specific links?
I dont want to browse through all those brands and stuff because I don't know them. I want something that's like 5 bucks or so and free shipping would be nice. Like I said in the OP, I have a fender american strat and just want to replace some strings. kijiji doesnt work for me b/c I'm in America.

Even generic strings should be fine because they are cheap and get the job done lol
Last edited by icecoldstar at Oct 30, 2011,
The average price for strings at a decent music store is around $6.
Moving on.....
Quote by icecoldstar
any specific links?
I dont want to browse through all those brands and stuff because I don't know them. I want something that's like 5 bucks or so and free shipping would be nice. Like I said in the OP, I have a fender american strat and just want to replace some strings. kijiji doesnt work for me b/c I'm in America.

Even generic strings should be fine because they are cheap and get the job done lol

if thats the case start trying different strings and see what works for you. and if you dont want to look through the sites that is lazyness so i dont see why any of us shoud do that for you.

fenders come with .09's also simply knows as 9's

D'addario
Ernie Ball
GHS
Dean Markley
Fender

the list goes on.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

free shipping no minimum.

pick up a few packs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
if thats the case start trying different strings and see what works for you. and if you dont want to look through the sites that is lazyness so i dont see why any of us shoud do that for you.

fenders come with .09's also simply knows as 9's

D'addario
Ernie Ball
GHS
Dean Markley
Fender

the list goes on.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

free shipping no minimum.

pick up a few packs.

I'm not being lazy I just don't have all the money in the world to try all those brands of guitar strings. I just want to get opinions from you guys here on UG so I don't make mistake buying bad strings. So you are saying I should get 0.09 strings? I'm just starting out on electric guitar so I'm not super picky or anything.
Have you tried generic strings like the follwing?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-electric-10-nickel-plated-steel-guitar-strings/101811000000000

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/rogue-p9-bulk-12-pack-009-plain-steel-electric-guitar-strings/120009000000000

Thanks in advance guys!
Quote by icecoldstar
I'm not being lazy I just don't have all the money in the world to try all those brands of guitar strings. I just want to get opinions from you guys here on UG so I don't make mistake buying bad strings. So you are saying I should get 0.09 strings? I'm just starting out on electric guitar so I'm not super picky or anything.
Have you tried generic strings like the follwing?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-electric-10-nickel-plated-steel-guitar-strings/101811000000000

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/rogue-p9-bulk-12-pack-009-plain-steel-electric-guitar-strings/120009000000000

Thanks in advance guys!

if you are new i would stick with 9's (on a strat 25.5" scale).

i dont know if there is anything wrong with them, but i havent tried them. so what give them a try and you are out $2. i cannot stress enough in time finding strings that work with you. some people's sweat rusts certain brands of strings and doesnt do that to others.

do pick up an extra pack though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Start off on 9's, play them for half a year and then move to 10's (if you want to). I prefer 10's.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by KenG
The average price for strings at a decent music store is around $6.

True, but where I live (Australia) they set you back about $10 for normal ones at most music shops. This may be the case where ever TS lives.

TS, I'd check out stringsandbeyond.com
Bought some strings from there at the start of the year, they're a bunch of nice chaps, they included half a dozen of free picks
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Last edited by Quaned at Oct 31, 2011,
stringsandbeyond
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Just get a pack of slinky's, they will last you longer than regular sets, at least for me they do and ernie ball does some AWESOME products do you can't go wrong with it
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Best Buy... My local best buy sells guitar strings for $3 bucks a pack.. they are good brand also , ernie ball, daddario , GHS , i buy Elixirs for $9 bucks a pack.. cheapest place in my town to buy strings
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
Quote by Dellinger1988
stringsandbeyond

+1000

I just used them for the first time last month, and they are excelent. I placed an order on fri after-noon and my package arrived on Mon!! From North Carolina to Central FL. And the staff is very nice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
D'addarios from Musicians' Friend for $10 for a 3-pack. With free shipping on any order.
Last edited by Spud Spudly at Oct 31, 2011,
If you can't afford a pack of strings, you should probably sell your Strat.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Spud Spudly
D'addarios from Musicians' Friend for $10 for a 3-pack. With free shipping on any order.

This.

You've got an American strat, at least put some decent strings on it. They're not even very expensive, and in general D'Addario are a good, reliable brand. A good one to start out with.
Quote by Offworld92
If you can't afford a pack of strings, you should probably sell your Strat.

**** off I just bought my strat this week and I don't want to start out with epic expensive strings. If cheap strings work, why not use them?

Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
This.

You've got an American strat, at least put some decent strings on it. They're not even very expensive, and in general D'Addario are a good, reliable brand. A good one to start out with.

Thanks, I think I'll go with these. plus I think I got some credits from musicians friends from a previous order.

Quote by Darkdevil725
icecolstar check your PM's

I checked my PMs, don't have any. Did you pm me?
I guess I'm not popular around these places
Quote by icecoldstar
**** off I just bought my strat this week and I don't want to start out with epic expensive strings. If cheap strings work, why not use them?

What are epic expensive strings? D'addarios, Ernie Balls, Dunlops, GHS, all very good, popular strings, all $4-$6. If you can't shell out $5 every few months, you probably shouldn't have bought a $1000 guitar. All I'm saying.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
this thread

Epic expensive? most strings are no more then 8-10 bucks a pack, and they last for MONTHS.

EDIT: Like the guy above me, If you're worried 8-10 bucks every like 4ish months, an expensive guitar seems odd.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Oct 31, 2011,
Sorry try checking your profiles messages. Anyways strings are strings, sure the more expensive brands are usually better but that doesnt mean cheap strings are bad.