Page 1 of 4
Who do you think, of the people you know of course, are the funniest people alive? Comedians, whoever. There's some pretty funny dead guys (Richard Pryor, George Carlin) but I'm talking about living people. Also, I don't care how many you list. I'm listing nine, because after them, it doesn't matter to me.

My list, in order:

1. Ricky Gervais (flame shield come at me bro lol)
2. Michael Ian Black
3. Larry David
4. Louis C.K.
5. Jason Bateman
6. Tim Heidecker
7. Patton Oswalt
8. Kevin Hart
9. Tiny Fey (not an obligatory female at all--she may not be that funny as herself, but she is a comedic genius. See: 30 Rock)

Since these are my opinions, inb4 criticisms. Some people think Robin Williams is the funniest man alive.
Last edited by nincompoop at Oct 30, 2011,
Karl Pilkington
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Really? That fat, unfunny, annoying twat is the funniest person on the entire planet? His pet, Karl Pilkington, is ten times funnier than that utter cunt.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Posed: "How much does this cost?"
Response: "Hmmm.... MONEY"

EDIT: Ricky Gervais, Jeremy Hotz, Kenny Hotz (imo). Probably Kenny Hotz, in terms of people I don't know personally.
MATTERHORN
Last edited by Doctor Matthews at Oct 30, 2011,
Quote by Trowzaa
Really? That fat, unfunny, annoying twat is the funniest person on the entire planet? His pet, Karl Pilkington, is ten times funnier than that utter cunt.

I declare this to be my opinion without hesitation. He never fails to leave me in stitches; also, the fact that people like you exist chuffs him to bits. It's hard to criticize him though, isn't it? He's more self-depricating than anything.

Yes, Karl is amazing, but I left him out because it would feel redundant.
Obama....

he is just trolling america right now...and i find it lolzy....

oh...and any WNBA player
I haz gotten gud
Quote by nincompoop
It's hard to criticize him though, isn't it? He's more self-depricating than anything.

He sets it up so you laugh at him. That is the sheer definition of making things easier, is to have something done for you.

He's a cunt, and I wouldn't like him any other way.
Good call on Tina Fey. 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows on right now.

My other top comedians are Louis C.K. and Zach Galifianakis. Both never fail to make me laugh. In my opinion C.K. is well on his way to being the next Carlin. He has that same point of view and cynical attitude. I also love how he's taken a page out of Carlin's book and starts from scratch every year.

On a side note, it's a shame I now can't mention Greg Giraldo here.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Oct 30, 2011,
Quote by severed-metal
He sets it up so you laugh at him. That is the sheer definition of making things easier, is to have something done for you.

He's a cunt, and I wouldn't like him any other way.

Whatever, it works. He has a consistent track-record of making me turn red. He is a genius. So sue me.

Quote by happytimeharry
Good call on Tina Fey. 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows on right now.

My other top comedians are Luis C.K. and Zach Galifianakis. Both never fail to make me laugh. In my opinion C.K. is well on his way to being the next Carlin. He has that same point of view and cynical attitude. I also love how he's taken a page out of Carlin's book and starts from scratch every year.

On a side note, it's a shame I now can't mention Greg Giraldo here.

Yeah, man. I like Zach Galifianakis, too. But yes, Tina is marriage-worthy (imo) and the extent of genius on 30 Rock is intangible. It's almost hard to keep up with brilliant line after brilliant line.
Last edited by nincompoop at Oct 30, 2011,
Louis CK is the best comedian around, hands down
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by stndrdprcdre
Jeffrey Ross.

Greg Giraldo, too. But then he died lol.

Yeah what a hilarious thing to happen eh? Oh wait, no it's not... at all.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'm the funniest person, imo. Not even alive, just THE FUNNIEST PERSON.

Quote by Jon777
I don't keep up with comedians, but Devin Townsend is pretty hilarious.

Dev's a close second. I met him about 2 weeks ago, he's a rad dude.

EDIT:
Quote by MooseWithAGlock
No love for Kevin Smith?

He's cool too.
As far as standup goes, not much has really stuck out to me. The best list I can come up with is:

1. Dmitri Martin
2. Daniel Tosh (his standup is better than his show)
3. Jim Gaffigan

Others fall into the meh/heard it category.

I might have seen one Louis CK show and I didn't laugh all that much. I might just have to give him a second try

Also, the UK version of the office was one of the most unfunny things I have ever seen. It wasn't even the witty type of comedy that I would expect from you guys. It's pretty much how I lost respect for Gervais.
In no particular order

Lewis Black, Kevin Hart, Charlie Murhpy, Jo Koy, Dat Phan, Peter Chao, Daniel Tosh, Dov Davidoff, Jon Stewart, Nick DiPaolo, old school Eddie Murphy...
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by nincompoop
I declare this to be my opinion without hesitation. He never fails to leave me in stitches; also, the fact that people like you exist chuffs him to bits. It's hard to criticize him though, isn't it? He's more self-depricating than anything.

Yes, Karl is amazing, but I left him out because it would feel redundant.

Hmm, I suppose it's your opinion The Office is pretty funny though, it's just his stand-up that I can't stand at all.

Quote by nincompoop
1. Ricky Gervais (flame shield come at me bro lol)
2. Michael Ian Black
3. Larry David
4. Louis C.K.
5. Jason Bateman
6. Tim Heidecker
7. Patton Oswalt
8. Kevin Hart
9. Tiny Fey (not an obligatory female at all--she may not be that funny as herself, but she is a comedic genius. See: 30 Rock)

Looks like someone just saw the Invention of Lying >_>
In no particular order

Peter Chao

Really that little YouTube ****? All he does is put on a overly fake asian accent and say dumb shit. I unsubed a long time ago.
Gear

Guitars: Dean ML ATF3000, Schecter C-1 Black Market Custom
Amp: Blackstar HT-5
Pedals: MXR 10-band EQ, EHX Metal Muff
Whoever is responsible for Life And Times of Tim.. Freaking brilliant!

Quote by strat0blaster
In no particular order

Peter Chao

Really that little YouTube ****? All he does is put on a overly fake asian accent and say dumb shit. I unsubed a long time ago.

Yeah, I think he's funny.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't have a particular favorite comedian/comedic actor, but I usually enjoy Will Ferrell. This scene in particular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_oOTQx04UA&feature=related

Ashley Schaeffer, Ashley Schaeffer BMW

I also like Kenny Hotz, he silly. Charlie Murphy, Katt Williams, Dave Chappelle are all pretty good too. RIP Bernie Mac
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by chaoticfables
Looks like someone just saw the Invention of Lying >_>

Holy shit, you're right. Jason Bateman, Louis C.K. and Tina Fey were in that movie, too. I just realized that. I saw it in the theatre, by the way when it came out.
Paul F. Tompkins
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by WizMystery

1. Dmitri Martin
2. Daniel Tosh

Damn, forgot about those guys. Still not in my top ten, though. Also Pablo Francisco is pretty funny, you guys.

And, my list isn't measured by standup comedy, really. Michael Ian Black has done a bit of stand-up, but my conclusion of him being the second funniest man on the planet stems from the TV shows and movies he's been in, also his podcast.

Same with Louis C.K. Louie is a pretty genius show.

And as far as I know, Tiny Fey doesn't do standup.
Last edited by nincompoop at Oct 31, 2011,
I don't dislike Ricky Gervais, he is talented and his sitcoms were great. He just seems to have gotten very arrogant about it and doesn't have the skills more experienced comedians would have. If he'd started out doing small rooms with tough crowds, instead of becoming instantly famous, he'd be amazing by now.

I think Sean Lock, Stewart Lee and Chris Morris are my favourites.
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 31, 2011,
Jim Carrey
Blue Comedy Collar (All of them).
Daniel Tosh
Will Ferrel
Adam Sandler
Sam Kinison (Before he died).
Louis C.K
Dane Cook
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Quote by whalepudding
I don't dislike Ricky Gervais, he is talented and his sitcoms were great. He just seems to have gotten very arrogant about it and doesn't have the skills more experienced comedians would have.

I think Sean Lock, Stewart Lee and Chris Morris are my favourites.

How did I forget Sean Lock? I love that man. And Lee Mack too. And Chris Morris. And I've already said Stewart Francis. I think I love you whalepudding.

Quote by nincompoop
And as far as I know, Tiny Fey doesn't do standup.
Nope. She's a Second City-er
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Brendon Small?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by Trowzaa
How did I forget Sean Lock? I love that man. And Lee Mack too. And Chris Morris. And I've already said Stewart Francis. I think I love you whalepudding.

Have you seen Sean Lock's sitcom, 15 Storeys High? It's brilliant. Everyone should see it immediately.

EDIT: Although it is unusually gloomy and bleak for a sitcom. But it gets funnier every time I see it.
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 31, 2011,
Page 1 of 4