Hey guys, so im a little over halfway through my degree and I've started to look into masters programs. Any other masters Students out there who could lend some advice. I stayed in my home city for my bachelors, moved out, but home city none the less. I have been looking at going over to Europe to do my masters, and have been looking at different financial or investment oriented degrees. Anyone who can recommend certain schools with a good name or programs that look or are known to be exciting.

Right now i've been looking at Risk Management in Finance focusing on derivatives. This program in Paris also looks quite cool http://www.masterstudies.com/MBA-MSc-Masters-Degree/Business-Economics-and-Administration/Finance/MSc-in-Investment-Risk-Management/France/SKEMA-Business-School/MSc-Financial-Markets-and-Investments/

Also, I foresee this coming up. No, im not basing my entire life around the opinions of the Pit. I'm just looking for some different programs that I may have missed or overlooked so far. Or potentially advice from other people who have done a program such as this

TL;DR sucks to be you
Going for a master's may be a good idea if the economy stalls or takes more steps backward. I personally can't take much more schooling so I'll be looking for something in the private sector after I get my degree after this year. Best of luck with your progress!
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
thanks dude, yea schooling is kinda killing me. Ive done some banking licensing courses on top of university and each time I complete one I feel I've lost part of my soul from spending so much time on top of my normal programs. But.... I enjoy school way to much to get a real job and settle down
Quote by metharian
thanks dude, yea schooling is kinda killing me. Ive done some banking licensing courses on top of university and each time I complete one I feel I've lost part of my soul from spending so much time on top of my normal programs. But.... I enjoy school way to much to get a real job and settle down

No, my friend, it sucks to be you, not me.
lol, its relative. School is a lot of work, but its still a lot of fun and i enjoy learning. Work I can only imagine as being draining and not nearly as rewarding or fun. Particularly doing grunt labour as an analyst
Quote by metharian
lol, its relative. School is a lot of work, but its still a lot of fun and i enjoy learning. Work I can only imagine as being draining and not nearly as rewarding or fun. Particularly doing grunt labour as an analyst

Wow. Thanks for briefing the people who do that 'grunt labor' every day to handle their responsibilities on your first world problems.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by metharian

Then, as I said,

Sucks to be you.

Working's fun if you consider it fun.
I respect you man, masters is a shitload of work and soon as I got my Bachelors i was out!!!
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
DO IT. I'm applying for Master's in Accounting. One, I really enjoy business school, especially accounting. Two, I love college waaaay too much.

Btw, if you are interested in Risk Management, you should become an actuary. It's a great job. Though personally, I'm not interested; after spending a semester learning it, I realized I strongly dislike finance.
Quote by Dreadnought
Oh to be single

Has nothing to do with masters degrees.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Has nothing to do with masters degrees.

Uh yes, it most definitely does... the financial burdens and schedules of a married couple are significantly more dynamic than that of a single person. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not possible for my wife or I to pursue Master's degrees immediately after either of us completes our bachelors degrees -- it will need to be necessarily offset.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Uh yes, it most definitely does... the financial burdens and schedules of a married couple are significantly more dynamic than that of a single person. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not possible for my wife or I to pursue Master's degrees immediately after either of us completes our bachelors degrees -- it will need to be necessarily offset.

Yep. In your case, and in most married middle class couples' cases, you would need to offset. But apart from fiscal constraints imposed from having to take care of two people and not just your own lazy arse, being single still has nothing to do with getting Master's degrees. You still do the same amount of work and grade them damned undergradumacates' shitty lab reports, married or single.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Would you then go on to your Doctorate? Apart from the more prestigious title, I fail to see the point unless you're using it a stepping stone to a doctorate degree
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
I believe a general rule is get your graduate degree where you see yourself living in the future because many companies hire their graduate interns. Maybe that's just Psych programs, but it's something to consider.
Quote by darkstar2466
Yep. In your case, and in most married middle class couples' cases, you would need to offset. But apart from fiscal constraints imposed from having to take care of two people and not just your own lazy arse, being single still has nothing to do with getting Master's degrees. You still do the same amount of work and grade them damned undergradumacates' shitty lab reports, married or single.

I was taking all things into consideration, not just the actual work to be completed in order to get a master's. There is more to the equation
My God, it's full of stars!