I've got several thousand germanium transistors lying around and I figure it's time to start building stuff for sale to clear these out. First up is gonna be a Tone Bender MKII type fuzz. I can build this to either the stock Sola Sound spec or the Vox spec. The Vox spec has a bit less high end pre clipping and a bit of extra low end post clipping. A popular take on the MKII circuit that sells for quite a bit of money uses the Vox spec for those curious. Both will be the same price.

Introductory price is going to $140 shipped in the continental US. This will be a 10 pedal run. After this run is complete, the price will go up to $175 shipped. The unit pictured is a special polished 125B. This finish is a $10 up charge as it's a very laborious process to get it to look like that. Standard finish will be a silver vein powder coat. Unit pictured doesn't feature a battery clip. Just ask if you need one, otherwise I'll leave it out.

To purchase, send me a PM or an e-mail (molterguitarelectronics (at) gmail.com) and I will put you on the list. The first batch should be done in around a month, i.e. end of November or early December. When it's done, I will contact you and you can send the money via PayPal. No money will be taken until the units are ready to ship.

Pedal is a positive ground unit, though the power jack is wired so that you can use a standard negative tip adapter. You just can't daisy chain it with negative ground effects.

Transistors used will be one of the following:

2n404
Philips or Tungsram AC125
Russian MP16B
Russian GT308B

Typically it will be a MP16B in Q1 and a 2n404 in Q2 and Q3 as pictured. These tend to be perfect in those positions.

Components used are all extremely high quality. Vishay/Dale RN series resistors, WIMA MKP polypropylene caps and Nichicon audio grade electrolytics altogether give it a very low noise floor.

Now for pics.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6093/6264395819_8f0bcdff21_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6093/6264394391_c10a008108_b.jpg

Future offerings will be other germanium pedals such as the Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, other Tone Benders, etc. along with an original fuzz meant for doom/sludge/stoner metal. PM or e-mail for details.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Are you taking trade offers?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Wait, never mind. Misunderstood the OP.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.