So I was thinking buying a new guitar, and I got my eye on an Ibanez S470 dx, so I was talking with the owner of this local store and he said he had in his home the pickups of a JS100, (I think they are Axis Humbuckers), and he said to me that if I buyed the guitar he would sweeten the deal, changing the stock dimarzio infinity pickups with those, Honestly I don't know if that is actually an improvement, it would be a good idea?

I play metal, and some shred, stuff from black sabbath, metallica, megadeth, opeth, arch enemy, in flames, also some jason becker, steve vai and yngwie malmsteem.

thanks in advance!
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
anybody??
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
It wouldn't be a good idea.
Why not try out the pickups that are in it, and see what you think yourself?
Depending on what rig you actually play through, it might not even make that much of a difference to begin with.

I personally haven't a clue about Axis pickups, so I can't really say..

Not a fan of the Inf. pickups though, as they're not "real" DiMarzios really..but they're certainly not bad.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor

I personally haven't a clue about Axis pickups, so I can't really say.

Shush then.

Go for it TS. They will be much better than the stock pups in the 470 and if you don't like them will sell for enough cash to get some better pickups.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Shush then.

Go for it TS. They will be much better than the stock pups in the 470 and if you don't like them will sell for enough cash to get some better pickups.

Haha......Ok I wont give the OP more bad advise then...sorry I am just of the school that spending less money is better than spending more money on something you might not even notice a difference from..
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
You'll notice a big different tbh. As he didn't say it would cost more its a no brainer in my eyes.

Ebmm pups are very very good so even if he doesnt like them, he can flip them to then buy real Dimarzios or something.

No.offence intended mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
You'll notice a big different tbh. As he didn't say it would cost more its a no brainer in my eyes.

Ebmm pups are very very good so even if he doesnt like them, he can flip them to then buy real Dimarzios or something.

No.offence intended mate

It's cool, none taken. I was just at work and in a semi pissy mood. At home now and all is good

To be fair, I'd do the exact same thing you advised if it was me..but I spend more money than I should all the time cos I'm a gear *****, and most people tend to want to do the more economical and sensible thing
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Tom 1.0

No.offence intended mate

You shush

The "Axis" pickups he's talking about are the stock JS100 pickups, the ones with one row of slugs and one of hex polepieces. Its not a Dimarzio/EBMM pickup, its just another cheap Ibanez branded pickup, and isn't really any better than the stock S pickups.

My bad

Too little sleep and too much Ebmm GAS.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb